Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holy Sh*t!

grads2112
    I did a little math and after food, drinks, fuel, insurance and the boat payment, it cost me about $1500 every time I took the boat out this year. I need to rethink this.:hammer2: What's your cost and is it worth it?

thatguy
    I did a little math and after food, drinks, fuel, insurance and the boat payment, it cost me about $1500 every time I took the boat out this year. I need to rethink this.:hammer2: What's your cost and is it worth it?
    Take it out twice as much and it will lower your average cost. Don't worry about the total, a "real King" doesn't.
    The Miller cost me about $2500.00 per trip for 7 trips. (Blew it up)
    The Hydro is standing at $4,100.00 a trip for 3 trips. Mostly purchase price. (Although $8.00 a gallon fuel adds up fast at 10 gallons every 15 minutes)
    The only cost effective boat I have is the Flattie.
    Cost about $70.00 to fill it and it NEVER breaks.
    Go for 2 days on one fill up.
    None of these count towing, launch fee's or food and drinks. Strictly boat costs.
    Frankly, You have it made!

Don't even wan't to think about it . but probably less than half that. I know that I spent about 150 in gas between the boat and truck every trip. I don't know if it is worth it but for now I still have the bug and i'm not planning on taking money to the grave with me. I want to spend it while I can still enjoy it.... just my 2 cents
    What about a pontoon boat.

jammin
    Even more scary break it down to the hour cost then break it down to the estimated cost per mile, (you know all that time in no wake zones) then compare that to your auto costs per mile (which we all think are to much). You will come to realize how much you REALLY love a day on the lake or you will want to shoot yourself.

hoolign
    With C-14 at 670.00 a barrel that lasts me about 2 hours. Somedays 2 barrels a day not including truck fuel, insurance or beer..yeah..it's worth it!!!

HammerDown
    It's only money, spend it and make some more.
    If I don't have it...I can't afford it.

grads2112
    The Miller cost me about $2500.00 per trip for 7 trips. (Blew it up)
    The Hydro is standing at $4,100.00 a trip for 3 trips. Mostly purchase price. (Although $8.00 a gallon fuel adds up fast at 10 gallons every 15 minutes)
    That makes me feel a little better.

deltaAce
    Just ask your passengers to chip in $450. each................................

damdonzi
    It's worth every penny

Ziggy
    We just amde a trip that cost me $100 in boat fuel, 600miles round trip in the truck(Dsl) and food.....all in all the 4 days cost me around $450'ish.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast