Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Block Wall Questions

Biglue
    Wow, that sounds high. The last quote I got for 5' high, common block (stucco finish, no retaining needed) was $65.00 lf.
    I agree. I was quoted as little as $45 for plain old grey block 6ft high. Seems kind of high.

phebus
    The variable would be the material you went with. If you went single face split block, or even moved up to dual face split block, the price would be considerably more.

Ziggy
    nope. couldn't find any of the old companies around(it's been 15 years) but 65-100 bucks a linear foot sounds about right. going with less of a footing and less steel do to the use of pillasters sounds possibly illeagal. check local building codes if your going that route.
    Sounds like what he's having done would be considered a 'garden wall'......Mine were done with 12x12 footing and steel going up about every 4 feet or so. Not much to those kind of walls because they're non-retaining.
    If the price included 100% solid grouting into each then the price I'd think is not out of line much, but if they only grout the holes where steel is then do some more shopping.

mondorally
    The variable would be the material you went with. If you went single face split block, or even moved up to dual face split block, the price would be considerably more.
    How much more are we talking? Lets say the base cost was $60.00/lf. Am I looking at 25%, 50%, 100% up-charge? I plan on getting in touch with the contractor on the details.... I just need to know what is reasonable!
    Thanks for all the info!
    Justin

LOCAL MEXICANS no license around 75.somone decent 100 a foot.if there much cheaper then that i would be very careful.

make sure when you ask people what is a good price,when they had it done.most people will give you a price,but had there wall built 2,3 or 4 years ago.everything has tripled just like everything else.my buddy wont even go look at a wall for less then a 100.and i got 3 quotes from guys working on the block within the last 2 months all were a 100+ for split face.

mondorally
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
    Justin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12