Thread: Not impressed with all the negative ads

Decided Advantage
    I wish both sides would stop with the negative ads and start educating the public on their platforms/positions on the issues.
    I'm amazed at the number of people that knows nothing about the candidates they seem to be 100% polarized to over a single issue.
    I have a couple of gay guys in my neighborhood and of course their dem over gay rights. A teacher that's dem because her union tells her she is. A hunter down the street that's rep because they are support gun rights, filled out with a couple of women that have convinced themselves that a republican should never be in office again because they just create wars for no reason.
    Geez!! These people need education, instead we are hammered with negative spins of the opposition's views.
    Apparently neither side feels their platform is strong enough to stand on it's own.
    This election is turning into a "biggest loser" competition, hopefully in the end it doesn't turn out to be America.

SeaSlut
    I'm sure you have seen the latest Obama advertisement saying Senator John McCain is unfit to be president because he doesn't use email. I suppose they are trying to make some sort of point that he is out of touch because he doesn't play with computers or Blackberries or other toys of modern technology.
    Here are the facts:
    McCain is too humble and proud to admit something. He is too much of a man, a proud American man to admit to his shortcomings. I will take the opportunity to defend him so he doesn't have to.
    John McCain doesn't use computers. John McCain doesn't tie his shoes. John McCain doesn't comb his own hair. John McCain doesn't play basketball. John McCain doesn't even salute his own flag.
    John McCain doesn't do these things because John McCain was shot down in Vietnam fighting for America. John McCain doesn't do these things because he was taken prisoner, beaten, and broken for five and a half years by communist trash. John McCain doesn't do these things because of those beatings and broken bones, he has lost the ability to do some of these things that the rest of us in America take for granted.
    Go ahead and run your elitist, condescending advertisement Mr. Obama. I am sure there are thousands of other American vets you can make fun of for the injuries they've incurred defending you. I can get you a list if you would like.
    If you still are not quite clear where I am coming from with this editorial, I would like to point you to information contained in a year 2000 Boston Globe article on Senator John McCain:
    Quote:
    Boston Globe 2000: "McCain gets emotional at the mention of military families needing food stamps or veterans lacking health care. The outrage comes from inside: McCain's severe war injuries prevent him from combing his hair, typing on a keyboard, or tying his shoes. Friends marvel at McCain's encyclopedic knowledge of sports. He's an avid fan - Ted Williams is his hero - but he can't raise his arm above his shoulder to throw a baseball."
    http://www.lakestclair.net/forums/up...1221394782.jpg

Decided Advantage
    Yep seen it. Total Crap! I almost give obama some slack on this, as his life hasn't prepared him to be considerate or deep enough to make the connection.
    Poor sap!!

90mphRAGE
    I wish both sides would stop with the negative ads and start educating the public on their platforms/positions on the issues.
    I'm amazed at the number of people that knows nothing about the candidates they seem to be 100% polarized to over a single issue.
    I have a couple of gay guys in my neighborhood and of course their dem over gay rights. A teacher that's dem because her union tells her she is. A hunter down the street that's rep because they are support gun rights, filled out with a couple of women that have convinced themselves that a republican should never be in office again because they just create wars for no reason.
    Geez!! These people need education, instead we are hammered with negative spins of the opposition's views.
    Apparently neither side feels their platform is strong enough to stand on it's own.
    This election is turning into a "biggest loser" competition, hopefully in the end it doesn't turn out to be America.
    I have to agree. The truth is neither of these guys are gonna take our guns, our right to chose, outlaw homosexuality. The truth is also that none of them will fix our economy, end the Iraq war, ect, ect, ect. They are all saying what their base wants to hear. Besides, even if one really wanted to fix anything, congress and the lobbyists wouldn't allow. I do have my views and tend to agree with one candidate over the other, but I'm realistic in being pessimistic. The only way anything will change is if we could collectively put our heads together and vote for the all out underdog. He/she wouldn't even be a politician.
    Vote for me on November 4th.
    I promise:
    I'll let you keep your guns
    I'll let you chose your god
    I'll send the illegals back and I don't care who I offend
    I'll cut off all foreign activity and let the rest of the world defend and feed themselves. Again I don't care who I offend.
    I'll fire the federal government.
    I'll educate all and provide health care with the money I stopped giving to the world.
    I'll make all my decisions without lobbyist influence. I hope to offend.:jawdrop: I'm not for sale. If you want a *****, go get someone else. It's now legal.
    And I don't care if your gay. Just don't try recruiting me.
    And finally, we will become a self-reliant, self sustaining country.
    I can promise all this without any experience, but with common sense. Something that's not so common anymore.:idea:

donzi5150
    Are they Negative adds or are they designed to enlighten us about the ommissions of truth, inconsistancies, and the record? I enjoyed seeing Bidem hanging his head saying that they should not have run that add about McCain and e-mail........What I have seen is that Obama's camp spends a lot of time on spinning what is said and never talks about the facts brought up. Why can't they answer a straight question?