Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heard of this boat?

Sterling
    I own a '79 Sterling bubbledeck jet boat. Has a 16" wide flat spot 2/3 of the way down the hull. Looks like the Sanger. Anyone heard of these boats. I know the company was in Florida and is out of business. I've beed working on it a little at a time. It now goes 65 mph on gps but I think more is there if I work on the pump. BB 454 -400hp, A impeller-jg berk pump. I have a big motor I can put in it but want to get the most out of what I have first.

CVX20
    I own a '79 Sterling bubbledeck jet boat. Has a 16" wide flat spot 2/3 of the way down the hull. Looks like the Sanger. Anyone heard of these boats. I know the company was in Florida and is out of business. I've beed working on it a little at a time. It now goes 65 mph on gps but I think more is there if I work on the pump. BB 454 -400hp, A impeller-jg berk pump. I have a big motor I can put in it but want to get the most out of what I have first.
    :idea: Ok I'm not 100% sure about this but this is what I'm told. Sterling Jet boats were made in Basset Va in the late 70's or early 80's and only about 12 or 15 boats were ever made. I know a guy that has 2 of them and he tells me that he knows who has the mold and it still in SW Va.
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...r2006013-1.jpg
    Where are you located?

CVX20

thehotrodguy
    The manufacturer plate says florida. My pal Gary has owned this boat since '93. Boat performs great, he treats it badly. New stringers 2 years ago, new interior last year. Paint is about 4 years on top, original on sides. a cut jg berk, place diverter, 4 degree wedge. Boat runs a stock Mercruiser 360 hp 350sbc and rides 63 GPS. In the time he has owned it, pump has never been touched.
    I was offered one with a 502 last year for a good price... beauty of a boat, nice paint, interior, etc. Wish I would have grabbed it! I doubt there were only 12 or 15 or even 100 - I've seen 2!:idea:

Sterling
    My boat looks identical. Tanks in the back. Not sure what color it was, but it;s white with multi-color blue graphics. bb gen V 462, jg pump with A impeller. So far been 65 on gps without any work to pump.

sunkisst
    I have a co-worker that has one in Oakton,Va.Tried to buy it about 2 yrs ago.He wasnt interested at the time.Maybe now,I almost forgot about it.If he is ready to sell,anyone interested?

CVX20
    I think the Sterling in my pic is for sale. Not 100% sure but will be happy to check on it.

Squirtin Thunder
    There is a guy called 468Bahner, his is the spittin image of those. I bet it is an old Bahner mold.

Cas
    Jim,
    When Harry Christensen went to work for Bahner, he took the molds of the 18' Rogers with him. The Bahner that 2sav has is the product of that mold that they made for a few years. The boat pictured above does look a lot like the Rogers so it would be nice to see a picture of the rear showing what the strakes look like.

69sleekcraft
    I think the Sterling in my pic is for sale. Not 100% sure but will be happy to check on it.
    FRED IS THIS BOAT IN VINTON VA?????????:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast