Thread: Engine advise

BL LIME
    I've got a 22 ft Eliminator daytona with no engine.. It has a Bravo one drive with an XR conversion, IMCO lower, and a drive shower. The boat is ready for Chevy big block power. I have everything needed to install the engine including motor mounts, powersteering, fuel pump, oil cooler, and lightning headers. All I need is an engine. My question is should I get a marine engine like a 454 & 502 or should I look at high performance engines like the ZZ454 & ZZ502? Maybe even a 540 or 572! Some engine adds say "Not for marine use". What does that mean?? I'm looking for a fast (70 or 80mph) boat that can go slow enough to pull a tube or two.. Is that even possible?? I finally got the boat I've always wanted now I need to find the perfect engine. Any sugestions??? THX

TIMINATOR
    I currently own a 22 Daytona, and have had 8 more of different sizes before this one,(I also have a 25). Call me and I can help get you on track, engine and rigging wise. You need too much info for the speed that I type at..... I own a machineshop that specializes in boat engines. ***boat (the magazine) had an article about "Car engines in boats?" about a year and a half ago. Some good reading. 623-877-8553 during business hrs. TIMINATOR