Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Like Blower Motors!!!

TIMINATOR
    I like blower motors, but mostly somebody has to post somthing once in a while! TIMINATOR

You and me both Tim. At the risk of getting flamed, I'll post up a build question on a separate thread and see what happens
    While I'm still disappointed in the direction this site took, there are still many that visit this site and there's never too many sites on the internet for folks to draw advice from.
    I'll call it Budget Blower Build. How's that for an oxymoron?

TIMINATOR
    I remember "Oxymoron" being the cleaner we used back at the institution. It was made by the same company that makes the floor scrub for nuclear power plants,"Mop and Glo". I'm cured ya know........ TIMINATOR

I'm cured ya know........ TIMINATOR
    Reeeeeaaaaalllllly............
    Now, I gotta get typing my post.

eliminator1974
    I agree this site took a bad turn for the worst an i really miss all the info an the people pics and commintes about all the other boats an there issuse. Boat I still love my blower Motor an the noise it makes when its building boost. You got to Love that

bigkatboat
    TIM! Are you the troublemaker, or am I? I just can't help 'jumping in' when I hear THE SAME OLD STORY from guys on here. I don't blame them, they just have not gotten to "that point" yet. I am not here to "tell people what to do" but I am here to help them SEE what has been done in the past and how it can work or not for them. I'm not trying to get customers, I turn people away, because I don't want to work so much. I really need more time to work on my "tunnel V-drive designs" and this internet stuff is just a great "mind workout", trying to remember all the combinations that have worked using "little money". Many here take my words as INSULT, but in fact, I'm saving them a ton of money, if they only listen. I don't know everything, but I do know how to win in ski racing, circles, and drag boats, flats, hydros and jet. You and I (along with others here) are offering REAL KNOWLEDGE for free, not just "I got a boat and I did this...BS" It's sad that people get "butt hurt" instead of ASKING MORE QUESTIONS, for free! The 'fights' are making these sites less helpfull.

HEAVYBOAT
    Someone maybe asked this already, but I havent seen it.
    WHere the hell in infomanic? He was going to take me for a rip in one of his rocket boats,and I promised to get him drunk :devil:

TIMINATOR
    Bigkat; I agree wholeheartedly. I think at least part of the problem is that some of the newbies aren't looking for help, just a pat on the back for accomplishing what was their biggest deal so far. I need to be able to better identify whether or not they are actually asking for advice when they are asking for advice. The new owner of the Banderlog board asked last year where the "brains" went. I replied that the problem was an 80 MPH boater asking for advice on how to go 90MPH, getting advice from a 55MPH newbie that thinks he knows more than the guy that has built dozens of 120+ MPH boats. I like to help, but I (and others like you) get tired of justifying our knowledge/experience. So we just read and laugh, don't post, don't help, and don't get involved. The "brains and experience" are still on the boards, they are just not getting involved as much. JROK owes you a big-time apology, but I don't believe you will ever get it. It is another case of "killing the messenger". Its human nature to not want to admit you were wrong. I wonder how much good info was never posted on the other thread because few wanted to get involved in the manure-storm. TIMINATOR

bigkatboat
    He doesn't owe me anything, he's the one who suffers. SURE there are a lot of different ways to do all these boat related problems, but I offer the ways that I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE, not just guessing, but really done the work. I also offer real performance with 'lower cost parts', but have been "shouted down" by others here. Some of which have never even raced a boat. It's hard for me to not DRILL some of these guys who "respond without knowledge" of what I said, let alone know what they are talking about. I had to LEARN, and I just wanted to offer up what I know. If I don't "kiss your ass while giving you real info" tough shit. I'm not here 'druming up business', I don't really want to work anymore than I have to. But in the case of any guy who "spends blower money" and then asks for "80 MPH speeds", I know for a fact that every guy who has come to me with a similar story has ALWAYS wanted MORE, right after he got his ass handed to him at the lake. You know it, I know it, he will learn too! If he doesn't he will be the guy who says, "a boat is a hole in the water, and you just throw money in it". I say, "the boat is never the problem, the owner is, and he should have listened to those who tried to help FOR FREE!"

bigkatboat
    Is this area reserved for BELT DRIVEN STUFF ONLY? Or can I throw in some "hot air" ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast