Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will a C bowl fit an E pump?

superV
    I found one (c pump) with a jet-o-vator and really need a diverter. Is a C pump good for performance or what someone please give me the run down on berk pumps as far as what models do what and why.
    I know an E pump is shit for performance and i need to change the bowl to put a diverter on it. Ive been told i can put one on it but wont be able to do much else as far as a wedge or a snoot or what not. My pump is freash and looks great should i keep it or move on? Any help would be great.BTW its on a 1977 CVX 20 BBF 468 runnin about 450hp. 4300-4500 rpm @ 56-59 mph GPS.
    Thanks,
    Josh
    [ July 07, 2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: superV ]

Jake W
    The bowl will fit but it is the same bowl you have now.And then you would have the wrong diverter for your set up the stearing would be on top instead on the bottom.I would get a split bowl and experiment with a droop and wedges with a Placediverter.
    Good luck Jake

Mohavekid
    SuperV,
    The bowl on the e is the same as the c.
    Place Diverter makes a diverter to fit the e pump. Lots of $$$ to change to a g bowl when you factor in changing the steering and shift set ups.
    If you want a split bowl to add a droop or a wedge, you can have the c bowl converted to a spit bowl and then add the droop. Some say the c bowl is better than the g due to longer exit vanes.
    The drawback to the e is the non split bowl and a sharper intake angle. For recreational use without a ton of HP, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference in the intake angle. The e has lots of advantages, mainly it's set up from the builder like a set back pump.
    Good luck.

superV
    Thanks for the info guys! wink This is kinda what I figured. So what is the best pump to have for high HP not that I will need it. So does an E pump also have the longer vanes? And why cant I just convert my E pump to a split bowl? Or can I?

superV
    Bump...?

Blown 472
    I have seen split bowls on e pumps. Just what are you trying to get out of it?

superV
    Blown 472:
    I have seen split bowls on e pumps. Just what are you trying to get out of it? I know you can change one out but I would like to machine mine to be a split?

Blown 472
    I think Jack can do that.

superV
    Blown 472:
    I think Jack can do that. I can do it here at my shop I just did not know if anyone has ever done it. I guess ill be the first

Blown509Liberator
    I had a Baja TC with a F pump ( same as your E pump but with berkeley trim) I put a AMT bowl droop and Diverter on it it was the best money spent. I had to move the sterring from the botom right to the top left. Dont forget to flip the help or it will steer backwards. Trust me on that one....... The drop made the boat ride so much nicer in the rough. The Baja TC was a big heavy boat like your CVX.
    MikeW
    [ July 08, 2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Blown509Liberator ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast