Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanger Hydro's

970Daytona
    Looking to by a Sanger Pickelfork Hydro,but have never had one before. Can some one tell me the differance between "Drag hydro " and 'Ski hydro"? Hull weight? Set up? One harder to drive than the other? Any info or history appreciated!!

wsuwrhr
    I don't know about weights, but a drag hydro has an "outboard" rudder, turns well at speed but not worth a shit at low speed.
    A ski hydro has an inboard rudder, similar to a flatbottom.
    Brian

nivels
    I don't know about weights, but a drag hydro has an "outboard" rudder, turns well at speed but not worth a shit at low speed.
    A ski hydro has an inboard rudder, similar to a flatbottom.
    Brian And they have passenger seats

get your self a ski sanger hydro you will like it. they made a drag bottom with ski top but are very hard to find. the ski hydro is safe up to about 120 then it wants to fly and the steering gets hard. thats why the drag has outside rudder and longer so when it blows the tail you can still steer. the drag you got to bolt the rudder on at the ramp and cant tow with it on also it dont steer for shit. the ski rudder is under boat and steers well. i have had many hydros and have a ski now. if you never rode in one go you will love it but will scare the shit out of you at first. then you wont get enough. if its a drag and it blows the tail as is supposed to , trust me you will shit your pants, but o what a rush, the 78-84 are the better with banana bottoms also they are 19 ft or you can get a classic jr which is the 18ft either way you will have fun just dont expect to turn fast.

beernut
    what about the shovel nose,what speed were they good for,(mines a ski)did they want to blow over easy?

twisted202
    Shovenose hydro's are ban from most clubs that go faster than a 9 second pass for saftey reasons even though i've seen alot go faster than that and not have any problems. My Bitz 502 drag hydro won't steer worth a crap at any speed. Let me know if your serious about a sanger SKI hydro, I maybe able to get you a # of a guy who want to move up to Drag hydro cause it cost to much money to covert over from a ski to a drag hydro.

very true on the shovel noses although they look bad azz. i have a 79 sanger hydro, there is a 77 on performanceboats sight that he wants to trade for a v hull its bad azz was converted but done right. isnt a bitz hydro a kurtis mainly

twisted202
    Bitz Took A Splash Off Of A Kurtis Bottom But Made The Mold Himself On The Upper Haft. The 502 Is A Lake Racing Version, Since Mine Was The 2nd Out Of The Mold I Made Mine A Single Seat Drag Boat To Race And Not To Screw Around Grudge Racing In Some Lake With A Bunch Of Drunks. Since His Shop Burnt Down There Problibly Wont Be Any Other 502 Hull, Just Mine And One Down In Cal. Somewhere Only.

bad influence
    i,v been playin with hydro,s for 12 years and i love going fast i,v learned alot in the last 12 years ,i have two hydro,s one is a 78 sanger drag hydro with a blown and injected 496/ 2 speed and clutch and its real fast but i,v hated the way they turn but listen guys there,s a new set up in town and its called duel outboard rudders and believe me its like night and day ,this boat turns and is so much more fun to drive at the river ,and if your motor is making some power its alot safer with outboard rudders,it also slows the boat down alot faster you wouldn,t believe the differance,my new boats a deaver with a blown injected 572 arias /2 speed and clutch,,double rudder and i can,t wait for april test and tune at the river,needles cal,

bad influence
    heres a few picures down in needles cal,of my 78 sanger and my friends 80 sanger hydro,s

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast