Thread: 429 ????'s

69sleekcraft
    I have a 429 BBF i dont know if it is a car or truck motor... what i want to know is where the head and block casting numbers are located ?? And what site to look the numbers up on once i get them

Squirtin Thunder
    I have a 429 BBF i dont know if it is a car or truck motor... what i want to know is where the head and block casting numbers are located ?? And what site to look the numbers up on once i get them
    Give me a call anytime and I will help you out.

69sleekcraft
    THANKS Hopefuly this weakend i have lots of questions. I'm wanting to go from a 454 to a 460.

69sleekcraft
    I found some numbers,See if this sounds right.HEAD#DVE-A2A BLOCK#DIVE-A28

Blown 472
    I found some numbers,See if this sounds right.HEAD#DVE-A2A BLOCK#DIVE-A28
    Heads are junk, open chamber junk, good block thou. Flat top pistons? do they deck? if you want to keep that motor find a set of dove's, c8's or c9's and build a nice 429.

69sleekcraft
    What are c8's and c9's? What do you think about a set of edelbrock aluminum heads?
    What year is the block? Car or truck? Is it a 2 bolt or 4 bolt? Is it worth building? It's in a '69 Ford short bed c6 automatic 5:14 rear end running 6:99 in an 8th or a mile Thinking about building it putting it in my jet boat

69sleekcraft
    Heads are junk, open chamber junk, good block thou. Flat top pistons? do they deck? if you want to keep that motor find a set of dove's, c8's or c9's and build a nice 429.
    I LOVE MY BBF MOTORS! I HAVE 2 OF THEM IN TRUCKS AND THEY WORK GREAT BUT IN A JET BOAT I DO'NT NO. IF BBF PUT OUT SO MUCH HP WHY DO SO MANY BUILD BBC?????????? I HAVE'NT MADE UP MY MIND WHICH WAY TO GO BBF OR BBC IF I GO BBC I'M GOING TO HAVE TO BUY CRANK AND RODS AND 30 OVER PISTONS. IF YOU HAVE THIS LYING AROUND WRIGHT BACK. THANKS :idea:

Blown 472
    I LOVE MY BBF MOTORS! I HAVE 2 OF THEM IN TRUCKS AND THEY WORK GREAT BUT IN A JET BOAT I DO'NT NO. IF BBF PUT OUT SO MUCH HP WHY DO SO MANY BUILD BBC?????????? I HAVE'NT MADE UP MY MIND WHICH WAY TO GO BBF OR BBC IF I GO BBC I'M GOING TO HAVE TO BUY CRANK AND RODS AND 30 OVER PISTONS. IF YOU HAVE THIS LYING AROUND WRIGHT BACK. THANKS :idea:
    Cuz they say it is cheap to build a bbc, strange when you can pick up a good core bbf with a good crank, rods and heads, hell find a 69-70 lincoln and you have a 10.5 to 1 motor right from the start.