Thread: dumb boat question

tjg
    how come some boats manufactuers will name their new boat using a different dimension?
    what i am trying to say (and i am not calling anyone out), for example, i was flipping through the pages of a boat magazine and came across an ad for ultra. they were advertising their new 344. okay, now why is it called "344" when the boat is a 34'. some boats are "270". why aren't they just called a 27'?

John.
    I think the new boat is 34ft 4 inches...hence 344. it is an all new boat, so it seems like an okay naming convention to me.

justfloatn
    I think the new boat is 34ft 4 inches...hence 344. it is an all new boat, so it seems like an okay naming convention to me.
    :jawdrop: Nothing negitive about Ultra from John.
    The stock market is crashing
    And now this...It's the end people

I had a boat that the mfg called a 232 and it was 23ft. center line ? I don't get it either . It must be a discretionary thing with manufacturers

grads2112
    Some companies measure the boat by actual hull length and some include a beak or swim step in their length. Ultra is a great company......now go get in your bomb shelter or go to Church to pray Justfloatin'.

John.
    :jawdrop:
    The stock market is crashing
    And now this...It's the end people
    The value of my boat is dropping just as fast as the stock market. looks like we'll have a long relationship as I'm not going to sell it for next to nothing. I like my Ultra boat. I want to put in a lower hp motor though because the insurance is going to kill me next year with this big blower motor. a viper motor would be really cool. I wonder if JW could help me get a smokin' deal on a new viper 550 or 625...

frosted tips
    The value of my boat is dropping just as fast as the stock market. looks like we'll have a long relationship as I'm not going to sell it for next to nothing. I like my Ultra boat. I want to put in a lower hp motor though because the insurance is going to kill me next year with this big blower motor. a viper motor would be really cool. I wonder if JW could help me get a smokin' deal on a new viper 550 or 625...Here at sos we have found John w. is a easy guy to work with .John hope u know well do the same. lets do it :idea: :sqeyes: repeat lets do it