Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mags always arrive damaged...

ddevore
    Why does HB magazine always look like it went through a blender by the time I get it in the mail? The most recent issue is so bad I can't even turn the pages without untangling the mangle... My subscription is running out soon, why would I renew if I can't even read it! Good content, crappy delivery!!

grads2112
    Why does HB magazine always look like it went through a blender by the time I get it in the mail? The most recent issue is so bad I can't even turn the pages without untangling the mangle... My subscription is running out soon, why would I renew if I can't even read it! Good content, crappy delivery!!
    I hate to say it but mine arrives the same way, I just thought it was the mail man thumbing through it.

ddevore
    I think with the new format it needs to be packaged better - possibly in an envelope or something... I won't pay for something that arrives like crap every month, especially when you can tell they put $$ into the production.

twocents
    The best way to solve the problem is to take your damaged magazine to your local post office and register a formal complaint. Obviously, the damage is resulting somewhere along the postal chain. Most of the time postal officials will trackdown the problem area. Oversized magazine formats are sometimes a problem for the automated postal equipment, but if it happens repeatedly, there's also some human error in the equation which can be corrected.

HalletDave
    The best way to solve the problem is to take your damaged magazine to your local post office and register a formal complaint. Obviously, the damage is resulting somewhere along the postal chain. Most of the time postal officials will trackdown the problem area. Oversized magazine formats are sometimes a problem for the automated postal equipment, but if it happens repeatedly, there's also some human error in the equation which can be corrected.
    I agree with the above. Plus, I have always made an effort to get to know my postal carrier and be friendly and courteous to that individual.
    :idea: Talk to your carrier first.

IMPATIENT 1
    ***boat has a magazine?

twocents
    Whether you're a fan of Hot Boat or not -- you've got to give them credit -- they did publish all 11 print issues in 2008 as promised, and on time. Not an easy feat with such a downturn in the boating economy.

John.
    this reminds me of the time a couple years ago when 2 months in a row the packaging for my wife's Playboy magazine arrived in the mail, but the actual magazine wasn't in it. I think the mail carriers read the magazines on their coffee breaks.

squirt'nmyload
    no problems here. mine shows up just fine.

ddevore
    Damn, I guess if everyone else is getting them ok it's the post office! I'll stop by and see if they can do anything - I enjoy the content, just not the post offices handy work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast