Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pump work

Spectra19
    Was wondering who is the one to work with when it comes to the pump guys. I know of MPD, Hi Tech Walts and many more. Was just wondering who everybody would recomend. Any and all info would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Scott

BigBoyToys
    Spectra19:
    Was wondering who is the one to work with when it comes to the pump guys. I know of MPD, Hi Tech Walts and many more. Was just wondering who everybody would recomend. Any and all info would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Scott Jack Mclure at MPD is the man you want

ChetCapoli
    Hey bigboy,
    Since i know you have used them all to make a statement like that what is your experience with say, hi-tech???
    CHET
    [ November 30, 2002, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

mister460
    Chet, give it a rest man. It's whiskey under the bridge alright. For the record, I'
    ve never had any pump work done by a shop but let people give there opinions as they are. I'm sure you have better things to worry about than who uses Jack/MPD to do their work.

MikeF
    If you are not local, you can send your pump anywhere you want to have the work performed.
    My pick is w/ MPD. His length of time working w/ pumps and track record pretty much says he knows what he is doing .

ChetCapoli
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by MikeF:
    If you are not local, you can send your pump anywhere you want to have the work performed.
    EXACTLY
    My pick is w/ MPD. His length of time working w/ pumps and track record pretty much says he knows what he is doing .[quote]
    Yes mike i am sure he does BUT so does duane(invented jetaway), so does dons pump (invented cav reducer)and so does walt..well i dont know him for sure so i can say. Has your man ever invented anything?? The first two have that "length or time" working on pumps also. If spectra19 would tell us his location, maybe we could give him a better answer to his question.
    BTW, 460 that whiskey keeps finding it's way over that bridge for some reason...
    CHET
    [ November 30, 2002, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

MikeF
    C, If you insist .
    "Quotes"
    And in thought of place diverters, they scratch built the first couple in existence, and raced with them !!
    Note the date on these pics 1971. I wonder if that pre-dates some of the claims of the different folks who "invented" up/dn nozzles.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/294LightningDroop.JPG[/img]

BigBoyToys
    ChetCapoli:
    Yes mike i am sure he does BUT so does duane(invented jetaway), so does dons pump (invented cav reducer)and so does walt..well i dont know him for sure so i can say. Has your man ever invented anything?? The first two have that "length or time" working on pumps also. If spectra19 would tell us his location, maybe we could give him a better answer to his question.
    BTW, 460 that whiskey keeps finding it's way over that bridge for some reason... D
    CHET[/QB]I see you are a vending machine repairer/engine builder. Did you "invent" anything for the vending machine or the engine? Doesn't make you any less skilled at your profession does it? I work in the computer industry, and haven't invented a thing, but that don't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to computers does it?
    It's all a matter of preference, but out here, MPD is the one's that are taking the championships.

It never ceases to amaze me why everyone can't just accept that there are several pump guys that are excellent, do excellent work, have excellent track records, etc. All of the above guys I would consider on that list. Why then would it become a factor if one or more of them invented something to be good at what they do. I don't see the corrolation or the relevance to doing good pump work or knowing what makes them tick. Just my .02.

MikeF
    Rexone:
    It never ceases to amaze me why everyone can't just accept that there are several pump guys that are excellent, do excellent work, have excellent track records, etc. All of the above guys I would consider on that list. Why then would it become a factor if one or more of them invented something to be good at what they do. I don't see the corrolation or the relevance to doing good pump work or knowing what makes them tick. Just my .02. Mike, I have nothing against the others who also work on pumps and do a good job .
    So far, all the replies have been from people living on the west coast w/ the exception of CC.(even Mr460 is closer to the west coast wink ) Are we semi biased toward the builders over here....probably yes. I have been blessed in the fact that I own a boat that Jack designed. I am more biased in that fact that he is the one that I would take my boat to, as he know's it better than anyone! Another reason would be that he is only 20 min from me and I could (should say have) bring it to him myself.
    S19's original Q was a recommendation. If he wants to send his pump to Jack or someone else...that is his choice. He has not said where he is located in any post or in his profile. He might be closer to one of the other pump people wink .
    [ November 30, 2002, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast