Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russia responds to Obamas election

SeaSlut
    Here is Russias reaction
    Russia Warns of New Missile Deployment
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/06/wo...em&oref=slogin
    MOSCOW — In a wide-ranging attack on the United States as it elected a new president, the Russian leader Dmitri A. Medvedev warned on Wednesday that Moscow might deploy short-range missiles in the Baltic region to counter a perceived threat from a proposed American missile defense shield in eastern Europe.
    Mr. Medvedev also proposed to extend the constitutional term of the presidency from four years to six — a move that could enable future Russian presidents to serve 12 years in two consecutive terms. His remarks, in his first state of the nation address since assuming the presidency in May, was delivered within hours of the election of Barack Obama and offered a chill glimpse into the potential issues and tensions confronting the new American leader when he takes office in January. His comments also seemed at odds with the broader groundswell of support for the American president-elect from many governments across the globe.
    Let's see, that too about four hours.

donzi5150
    Here is Russias reaction
    Russia Warns of New Missile Deployment
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/06/wo...em&oref=slogin
    MOSCOW — In a wide-ranging attack on the United States as it elected a new president, the Russian leader Dmitri A. Medvedev warned on Wednesday that Moscow might deploy short-range missiles in the Baltic region to counter a perceived threat from a proposed American missile defense shield in eastern Europe.
    Mr. Medvedev also proposed to extend the constitutional term of the presidency from four years to six — a move that could enable future Russian presidents to serve 12 years in two consecutive terms. His remarks, in his first state of the nation address since assuming the presidency in May, was delivered within hours of the election of Barack Obama and offered a chill glimpse into the potential issues and tensions confronting the new American leader when he takes office in January. His comments also seemed at odds with the broader groundswell of support for the American president-elect from many governments across the globe.
    Let's see, that too about four hours.
    All of enemy's will be posturing in the coming weeks becouse the know the lef is week and Pelosi and Reid have already propsed to draw down the military and cut the overall budget by 1/3rd.........Mark my words, we will be F****D! You people that put more lefty's in the House and Senate which has the lowest approval rating ever and now Obama......I don't think my prayers are enough........

Knotbad
    That was directed at bu$h not Obama. It's bu$h's baby, he's the one who's threatening to put a missile defense shield in Poland, let's see how he handles it.

donzi5150
    That was directed at bu$h not Obama. It's bu$h's baby, he's the one who's threatening to put a missile defense shield in Poland, let's see how he handles it.
    Defense shield....not offense!

Heater
    To protect countries that want Democracy. What is wrong with that? You a commie?

centerhill condor
    was when the Rooskie Pres blamed the US for the war in Georgia...that's rich.
    Now, this really is directed at Obama 'cause we all know that Bush would send in B-2 bombers loaded with #3 buckshot.
    I predict that Bush will consult and do what Obama wants....Bush could save time and money by calling Carter directly and reading the surrender fax directly.
    This is not a test.
    btw, take a look at Pravda's coverage of the Obama victory.
    CC

Blown 472
    was when the Rooskie Pres blamed the US for the war in Georgia...that's rich.
    Now, this really is directed at Obama 'cause we all know that Bush would send in B-2 bombers loaded with #3 buckshot.
    I predict that Bush will consult and do what Obama wants....Bush could save time and money by calling Carter directly and reading the surrender fax directly.
    This is not a test.
    btw, take a look at Pravda's coverage of the Obama victory.
    CC
    Who is running Georgia? and where are they getting their weapons from???

centerhill condor
    you got yourself a little homework assignment there, tuffguy.
    Good luck,
    CC

Knotbad
    To protect countries that want Democracy. What is wrong with that? You a commie?You have to go back to when Tommy Franks, who was head of NATO, told Russia we would not go into Prussia(Russia's sphere of influence-much like our hemisphere deal here). Now bu$h wants to abrogate that promise with his missile defense system. I don't blame Russia one bit. If America can claim the whole Western Hemisphere, why can't Russia have the little land it wants?
    The Russian Bear might be a little weak right now, but it still has teeth. Better now to dialog with them and forget all this saber(missile)-rattling. Just makes things worse, which is bu$h's best accomplishment.

Blown 472
    you got yourself a little homework assignment there, tuffguy.
    Good luck,
    CC
    I do? I think I axed you a question, I know the answer to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast