Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hot Boat rumours

riverracerx
    The ***boat staff does not go on these boards at all. They have been busy trying to keep a magazine afloat, which is not easy in these times.
    The message boards do not provide any income for the business, so it is just a perk.

wolf
    The ***boat staff does not go on these boards at all. They have been busy trying to keep a magazine afloat, which is not easy in these times.
    The message boards do not provide any income for the business, so it is just a perk.
    Being a business man I know that these forums do provide an income much in the same way advertising does. Obviously bad advertising (which happened a year ago) does provide a negative impact to your income. There had been many posts prior to the meltdown of the forum that indicated that people from the forum subscribed to the magazine because of the forum.
    If you watch the forums much like you would the surveys taken with television shows (Neilson Ratings), you would see what the readers prefer. If you ignore or dismiss them, which I believe happened, your readership will diminish.
    It obvious that another magazine has looked at this impacted of forum vs. readership in a positive way and is starting to thrive.
    Not bad for a small town boy!!!!Business classes paid off, eh?

HDF WATERDOG
    Being a business man I know that these forums do provide an income much in the same way advertising does. Obviously bad advertising (which happened a year ago) does provide a negative impact to your income. There had been many posts prior to the meltdown of the forum that indicated that people from the forum subscribed to the magazine because of the forum.
    If you watch the forums much like you would the surveys taken with television shows (Neilson Ratings), you would see what the readers prefer. If you ignore or dismiss them, which I believe happened, your readership will diminish.
    It obvious that another magazine has looked at this impacted of forum vs. readership in a positive way and is starting to thrive.
    Not bad for a small town boy!!!!Business classes paid off, eh?
    Perhaps the HB Forum could be looked at like an Electorial College. Was a very diverse group covering just about any boat or mftr in all sizes and motors combo's too. I'm gonna guess that there were a leat 10 lurkers for ever poster too. Then count the ones that just read and didn't even join.

centerhill condor
    Advertising pages in consumer magazines fell nearly 12% in '08. A dismal year for print media.
    Blown, Poster x, and others blame Bush and Israel.
    The new administration has no public comment.
    Good luck.
    CC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234