Thread: Will someone please paint my boat!

Harlem
    I have tried posting this before but now
    will try again, I have a 19' Nordic pickle
    fork hull that I would like to get painted,
    The problem is I just bought a new house
    and I only have $1300.00 to spend! I want it all white, and I understand that for that
    price, I wont be getting perfection, all I care about is that it does not peel off,
    and that it looks descent! In a couple years
    I'll have it gelcoated. Anyone in the
    southern California area interested?
    Thanks,

1quickjet
    Harlem, the boat is in Riverside right? I know a few shops as well as guys who do side work. Let me make some phone calls and visits and see what I can do. Will let you know no later than monday pm. 1QJ

wsuwrhr
    Harlem.
    I tried to send you an email, but no address. I have replied to your posts about your boat a couple of times. Send me an
    email and I'll give you my number and we can talk paint. wsuwrhr@yahoo.com

lakesmodified
    Harlem, Ivan here (again) I'm the guy that checked out your pickle while visiting family in Calif last month... Anyways, go to the readers rides pictures, V-drives, and page 5.. Look at the shots of my old Laveycraft flat. There are a few pictures showing the lettering "Hemi on Glass" as well as one showing the boat from the side. Unfortunately, when those pics were taking, there weren't digital cameras, so they're Polaroids that were scanned.. That paint job was done by my brother in law which lives in Victorville. For a while he was doing paint jobs on trucks and boats, but then stopped because he didn't have the time. If you're interested, I'll call him and see if he's interested and what he would charge you. If time is a major concern, then you might look else where. He's pretty damn good, but he takes his time. And he doesn't charge what most shops would. Hey, interested in purchasing my hull and trailer? Ivan
    [This message has been edited by lakesmodified (edited May 17, 2002).]

Johnwithjm
    Try Havasu Barney he has been doing some great work.
    [This message has been edited by Johnwithjm (edited May 17, 2002).]

Bense468
    I will paint it for 1300. I figure after the Krylon I will still have a decent amount in my pocket.

Harlem
    I'll email all of you guys today, Thanks for the help! I just put $10,000. down on a brand new house, that is going to cost me $239,000. thats why Im limited on my budget!
    I do appreciate the help!