Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soon to be over

Blown 472
    Fremont... Had a lot of fun at the Bridge Bar.
    That sure sucks about New Page. But I really dont feel too sorry for them guys. When Stora Enso bought them they cut jobs and some of the workers actualy had to do some work then and it pissed them off. There union had the wages so high that the company threatened to close the mill. The guys I knew laughed and said they will NEVER close this mill. That Kimberly mill wasnt more than a zit on Stora Enso's ass. It would not have hurt them a bit to close it down long enough to break the union.
    They didnt break the union, they just sold out instead. Now the workers sit there with there union and there dick in there hand.
    Stora bought it and sold it 7 yrs to the day, that way they didn't have to pay taxes or something cuz they were a out of country company, I have seen alot of guys sitting around doing nothing, it is sad.

FOXMAN
    I believe that Stora Enso's main office is in Sweden??? They are the worlds largest paper producing company. Part of the problem at the Kimberly plant from what I was told at the time is that the machines were somewhat outdated. They did do some upgrades and that is part of the reason why the workers thought they would never shut down the mill. I really do feel kinda bad for those guys. I spent a lot of time at that mill and got to know a lot of the guys that worked there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12