Hi everybody and Happy New Year. This is just a little reminder that the 7th Annual Switzercraft Reunion Regatta wil be held at THE BIG BASIN MARINA in Channahon Illinois on Saturday July 18 2009 (starts at 10am). The only cost is $12.00 to launch your boat.
All boats and boaters (and antique outboard collectors) are welcome, this is an informal picnic type get together and (Shine 'er up and show 'er off Event) if you don't want to bring a picnic basket you could always use the marina's bar & grill.
Last year we drew 34 boats and 200 people. In 2009 we are expecting a lot more and I have recieved a letter from Rich Luhrs from the East Coast that he will be bringing his 20ft Switzer Flying Wing powered by twin Merc 300+ horsepower engines.Kenny Kitson and the Switzer Flying Wing Miss Diablo III should be there too!
:2purples: We're also planning a River Run for fun with some speed passes to show off a little.
Last year both Dave & Bob Switzer were there and I am at least exspecting Bob & Carol Switzer back this year. Also Jack Lewis, one of the founding members of the Great Lakes Boat Club which sponsors the OPC Region 7 is always a regular at the Regattas. Jack once designed & produced the Vampire boat during the 1970's which some are still used in Formula V racing to this very day.Jack also use to be an APBA Ref attached to the original Formula 1 race tour when V 8 outboards ran .
:idea: Come on down and have some fun with us, and check out our past Regattas at www.freewebs.com/switzercraftreunionregattas/ or go to yahoo and look for the Switzercraft Owners Group.
For any more infomation write me at tlord91154@comcast.net. Thanks, Tom Arambasich