Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sidewinder bow lights

sidewound
    I.m back and sure I have a 72 sidewinder (Tahiti Splash) and I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get new lenses for those funky recessed bow lights? Thanks
    PEACE MAN

Old Guy
    Hey sidewound,
    How'd you like to buy a set of brand new "funky bow lights" for your Sidewinder. I bought a set for an Avenger boat that I had but never installed them. I do some boating in the dark and I didn't like the "funky lights" on the Sidewinder 'cause I couldn't see if they were working from inside the boat. I used the fiber optic from an old Cadillac to channel the light back to the instrument panel where I could see them. I've never seen just the lenses for sale anywhyere.
    old

sidewound
    OLD GUY
    hehehehe Yea yea yea yea hehehe I'm interested.
    PEACE MAN

sidewinder
    Hi Sidewound--
    I have a 1971 18' Sidewinder jet, same color as yours. I bought the boat from the second owner and was lucky enough to also get a brochure of the 1971 Sidewinder model line. Your model name is Super, as in Super Sidewinder. They made 16 and 18 foot versions of this style--the 16 must have been a real rocket. All the Sidewinders I have seen of this model had the serial number stamped into the drivers side stern rub rail. The bow lights you seek can also be purchased from CP Performance, check out part number 620-1016 at their website. Good luck with your boat!

bilgewiper
    My first jet boat was a 16 ft. Sidewinder. It was the flat deck version Tahiti/etc splash. Really it measured 15'10" on centerline. With a 455 it was a hoot. Handled great......wish I still had it.

sidewound
    Bilgewiper,
    I wish you still had it too! Four and a half ponies would be a real ride in that hull (I'M POSITIVE) Got any pics of it? Hugley curious. I've never seen the 16 footer! PEACE MAN!

bilgewiper
    Sidewound, Check your e-mail, I sent you some pictures of the 69 Sidewinder that I owned back in 1981. Sorry I couldn't post here.
    ethan

sidewound
    Bilgewhipe, (Sounds like a product for old folks)
    The pics were cool! Bet that little squat was a handfull! I will be happy when I can see my boats little sister in the flesh.
    This thing(18 Footer) scarees the crap outta me.
    The 16's gotta be better!
    PEACE MAN!

Old Guy
    Hey Sidewound, here ya go. It looks like the mounting screw center distance is 5 3/8". One set "funkiey lights w/gaskets"

Where did you say they had to ship too?
    old

sidewound
    Old Guy,
    You should check your PM . I know it's getting harder as you get older. (ME TOO) But I still know where the hammer down lever is. Can't find the BRAKE though! ZIP 50428 PEACE MAN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast