Thread: Pulling Motor in the morning Afew ?'s

Bryan Rose
    Well I will be pulling the motor out in the morning BBC with standard motor mounts up front and I guess standard in the rear. I know to leave the Hard mounts on the stringers and undo from the motor but how does the rear one attached to the pump work. I see two bolts on the top at the end of the u -joint cover flange , the bell housing is all one piece from there. So how does this work? Just undo the bolts and slide the motor forward ? Is there a slip yolk type thing in there or what?
    A little help here.
    Bryan

HammerDown
    For a standard 3 mount...Just un-bolt the motor from the front mounts...and un-bolt the 2 at the top rear of the bell housing to pump. Theres a (u) shaped piece that connects under the rear bell housing to pump, that will fall off or remove it by hand. After the front and rear mounts are unbolted, the Motor and bell housing and drive(universals) will come out as one unit. Just lift slightly, and pull foward about 6" to clear the drive from the pump, and out she comes.
    [ July 20, 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Bryan Rose
    Just hope there is 6 inches there to move it forward ... New interior included a new wall in front of the motor

Omega21
    My Olds only had to move forward an inch or two before it was free from the pump. The slip joint on the end of the H bar isn't very long. You'll get it out easy enough..
    Todd

Bryan Rose
    Thanks Guys... I hope this all goes well.
    Bryan