Thread: Ride Plates

skeepwerkzaz
    Can I make a ride plate for my 18' Nordic jet? It seems simple enough, does anyone know what I should be thinking about r.e. material, dimensions, attachment etc....
    thanks,
    Clay

Slick
    Clay,
    I've got to call Dan Nelson today for that same reason. I don't think it's a big deal other than getting the cradle or making one if you're crafty. I'm pretty sure the aluminum generally used is T-16. Does that sound right? I heard that somewhere. Is your pump already machined?
    Unless you have droopsnoot, my old one off the JC bowl should fit yours. Give me a call.
    Slick

miller19j
    Slick:
    Clay,
    I've got to call Dan Nelson today for that same reason. I don't think it's a big deal other than getting the cradle or making one if you're crafty. I'm pretty sure the aluminum generally used is T-16. Does that sound right? I heard that somewhere. Is your pump already machined?
    Unless you have droopsnoot, my old one off the JC bowl should fit yours. Give me a call.
    Slick I don’t know jack about ride plates but I think that you are thinking about aluminum heat treated to T-6 I don’t think that there is T-16 temper designation.
    They are probably made out of something like 6061 T-6 alum. It is a pretty standard alloy and real easy to machine.

Slick
    Whatever you say, Mr. Smartypants.

skeepwerkzaz
    Thanks for the info huys...
    Hey Slick, do you still have that battery connection? My dog ate your phone #!
    Oh yeah, as far as machining my intake, I saw a ride-plate installed that had the plate machined instead. Looked pretty easy.
    [ June 11, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: skeepwerkzaz ]

Slick
    The one off my JC was machined on pump and the plate.

Duane HTP
    We produce an add-on ride plate and shoe system that works very well on the JC & JG Berkeleys, ATJ, and Dominator pumps. A machined intake is the best, but if you don't want to go to the trouble and expense of removing and machining for a shoe, these work good and sell for only $225.00. You can see them at www.hi-techperformance.com. Look under other performance parts towards the bottom of the page.

hey Duane,I just ordered a kit from ya but forgot to tell you that it has a jetovator too!!thought you might want to know!!thx Mark wink

Mohavekid
    Duane, what can you tell me about your kit for the Berk e pump.
    My boat is a Sanger 20.5' Mini-cruiser. Right now it's all stock & original with a 400 horse BBC and a place diverter. I have some porpoise at mid range and am looking for a way to null that out without having to run the diverter down so much. At high speed, I have no porpoise at all. My stock ride plate is set about 2 degrees down. Would your shoe/ride plate kit be of any benefit to me?
    Thx
    [ June 12, 2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Mohavekid ]

Duane HTP
    Yes, that's basically what they were designed for. They will take the porpoise out of a Taylor. They help lift the back of the boat out of the water and when used along with "The Snoot", they usually gain some speed plus better handling.
    [ June 12, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Duane HTP ]