Thread: Droop Snoot?

Jason
    I have a 76 Hallet Bubbledeck, has a 454 bored to 460 w/ merlin heads, full roller motor. I have a berkley w/ AB impeller and full place deverter set up and drilled. Wondering about putting a droop snoot on it. I have a rooster booster, wedge, i even drilled the place deverter out so i get a bigger roost. Lets just say i havent seen a bigger roost, i can almost hit the 10 freeway out at blythe, thats how big it is. Anyways, talked to a couple buddies, they have a cal. performance and one has another tunnel, both jets. They said i wont like the ride after i put one on. Any ideas?? I want to hear some replys soon since im going out to blythe fri.
    Thanks
    Jason

Nubbs
    I have an 86 Nordic bubbledeck. I posted pretty much the same question a few days ago. I think the title was "droop". You may find some useful info there. Also, what exactly did you do when you drilled out your diverter?
    Nubbs

mud duck
    I have been experimenting with two droops this summer. Last night I used the longer one and I don't think I like it. It gives off a bigger rooster tail, but the boat porpises more even with the diverter all the way down. I had four people in the boat including me and at WOT it porpised, not bad, but still a little rough. With the shorter droop I could go full WOT and the bow was steady and true. So, now I have to figure out what to do. Either switch back to the shorter one, or put up with the the jumpyness.
    That rooster last night was awesome though. It was a wall of water, at least from sitting in the boat that is.

Hustler
    Mud duck, What are the droops you are useing?

mud duck
    The new split bowel is Aggressor, and both droops are Agressor. As for degree of angle, I don't know but I can find out.

Nubbs
    mud duck,
    What's the difference in ride from stock to the short droop? Did it ride smoother in rough water? Do you know the length and drop of the short droop? What's the cost of the short droop?
    Thanks

mud duck
    I am at work, let me get home and I'll post the differences/measurements, etc.
    The shorter droop ran fine in rough water. In fact, I saw very little change in driving. I did get about three miles per hour more out of the boat with the shorter droop and bit better rooster.

cruser
    My brothers hallett bubble deck likes the short droop. I think his is a 76 also. His best 1/4 time was something like 12.8 seconds. He goes by boatracer036 on various forums. Send him an email.
    cruzer

pops1
    mud duck:
    The new split bowel is Aggressor, and both droops are Agressor. As for degree of angle, I don't know but I can find out.Large Droop is @7 1/2 Degrees
    Short is @ 3 1/2Degrees- Both make the same drop of 1"- The Short is most pop with Tunnels so as the Droop is not dragging while up and running.