Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze Impeller ?

Taylorman
    I just bought this bronze aggressor impeller off ebay. It is a C and the seller said it was race detailed by Tom Papp. It has one spot that has a pit in it. I tried to take a good picture of it but this is the best I could do. Is this normal for impellers to pit like this. My alum impeller I have now has pits but I did not expect a bronze to do the same. Will these pits have any affect on performance? [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DCP_1858.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DCP_1854.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DCP_1852.JPG[/img]

Jungle Boy
    Can't comment on the pits, but just how high are you planning to spin that 455ci engine with a "C".

Duane HTP
    That's pretty common with bronze impellers regardless of manufacture. Probably will never cause any kind of problem of any kind.

Taylorman
    Since they tell me an aggressor C is like a Berkeley B, I figure I will get a couple hundred more rpms. I have a Berkeley AB now and Im turning 4800. Im shooting for 5000.

Taylorman
    Thanks for the reply guys. Duane, this impeller is coming to you soon for one of you wear rings.

Taylorman
    One more question. When you go to a smaller impeller such as Im doing, do you loose some speed out of the hole? If so, will a impeller pre loader fix this and will the pre loader hurt you on top end?

MikeF
    T, You won't lose speed as far as going to a smaller trim impeller "if" your engine can turn the new impeller to a higher rpm than you are currently turning the one you have. If your engine can do that, then you have the posibility of moving a little more water through the pump, hence, the higher speed.
    Important! When you cut the impeller smaller, you will lose efficiency. You might end up w/o a higher top speed and a higher rpm. It depends on how many more rpm you can get w/ your engine.
    [ February 09, 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

XClutchboy725
    Taylorman:
    Since they tell me an aggressor C is like a Berkeley B, I figure I will get a couple hundred more rpms. I have a Berkeley AB now and Im turning 4800. Im shooting for 5000. Taylorman,
    FYI I have a mag-bronze Agressor A in my boat that has been turned down to a B. I turn it 5700 RPM's with about 600H.P. I'm concerned that you may be going a little too small!

Taylorman
    I know I MAY be going to small. I just wanted to give it a try. If the B cut is to small, i will switch back. It was to good of a deal to pass up. I only paid $235 for the impeller.

Wet Dream
    What have you done to the engine to address the higher revving?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast