Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze Impeller ?

ChetCapoli
    1tricky1:
    Hey Jake, how do like your aggressor bowl? did you notice any performance gain w/ it? That's a loaded question now tricky...be careful..hbjet is around here....
    All this aggressor talk is giving me the shakes......how do you like your bowl by the way good ol jake????? Really think it needed flowing in your application???
    CHET

Jake W
    Now Chet I could have done just fine with out you on this one.But since you asked.No I did not need it to be flowed at my app.But like I said befor I got my bowl in a trade type deal.And Aggressor bowls are nortorus of splitting at the start of the veins(MINE WAS ONE OF THEM)it had been fixed and grinded and looked like hell.So this is why I had Jack Flow it and put a stuffer in it all at the same time.I can not compare bowls right now but I do have a new to me G bowl that
    I will do a swap and test this summer. And an Aggressor diverter to test aginst my place Diverter.Chet what kind of boat do you have all this Aggressor stuff in any way?The Pump and engine I am using in the Tahiti was in a Sidewinder befor I did all this stuff too.So to compare would be usless.Hear is all the diffrences one ,a totaly diffrent boat Tahiti is way lighter diffrent imp bowl droop rideplate,shoe.and that is just the pump.I will be building a diffrent 460 this summer so mabey one day the flowed bowl will come in handy.Good ole Jake

1tricky1
    Just looking for real experiences with differant bowls...but hey, if I can start a controversy...ding-ding, round 1. argue
    Wasn't of aware of your history Jake, but thanks for the response. was hoping you just did a swap from a Berk to Aggressor bowl.
    I wasn't aware of the notorious splitting of veins though? that doesn't sound good. I was also curious how the rear tail bearing holds up with silty shallow waters without a greased rear tail bearing? any other experiences out there?

Jake W
    Yea 1Tricky1 it is weird that you do not hear more about the veins splitting.The guys that have comfermed this to me are real reputal guys in the buisness.One a very well known pump builder. And one a Racer that said every Aggressor bowl he has used has split at the veins but he allso said he still runs them with no preformance loss.Aggressor has came out with a new bowl Duane at HTP says they picked up some MPH with the new one.I would buy a new styled one if you end up getting one.And Duane at HTP does have some for sale by the way.I think he said he has 3 out of the 11 he got in left.Jake

ChetCapoli
    1tricky1:
    Just looking for real experiences with differant bowls...but hey, if I can start a controversy...ding-ding, round 1. argue
    Heck tricky..you missed the "thrilla in minilla" bowl episode some time back starring me and my bud HB.
    my boat is a rally sport jake and i have never had a problem with my bowl ever FYI, and i have run it pretty hard. I have heard of the viens splitting on raceboats with alot of HP from the pump unloading and such. I was told the other bowls would do it too though.
    That's good your testing....have to prove our boy HB is right about something.
    CHET

matt1
    Sorry cant pass up this the reason your bowl hasn't split yet is because your boat hasn't been off the damm trailer in years.

Jake W
    Taylorman sorry I got this thread off your topic.I think you got a hell of a deal on you C bronz Aggressor imp.If you decide you do not want it let me know and I will but it from you funds willing.I think you are on the right track.I bought my C alum Aggressor imp for 100 .looks like brand new.Could not pass it up.I have a Kachina project boat that I am going to build that I need a bronz B berk for.Hintz the offer to buy the C Aggressor if you do not want it.Jake

1tricky1
    ChetCapoli
    [/qb]Heck tricky..you missed the "thrilla in minilla" bowl episode some time back starring me and my bud HB.
    Damn Chet! I missed that one, What was the thread called?

ChetCapoli
    geez tricky, i cant recall..there's been so many..hbjet is better finding that stuff than i am so you should ask him. It's good reading for sure. I just remember being slammed for recommending a bronze impeller to one of HBjets bud's instead of stainless(the kid wanted to save some money)with his 1000hp boat. Funny how as time goes on more and more people are using the bronze with big HP......
    How about you with all the aggressor parts good ol jake??? What's up with that??
    hey matt, are you saying something here or are you just running laps???
    CHET
    [ February 11, 2003, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

Taylorman
    Hey chet, how about posting some pictures of your boat and a little info. We have all seen HB's boat and how nice it is but have never seen yours. Post some pictures man.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast