Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIDE PLATE ????

79 HUSTLER
    Does anyone know the length of their ride plate. The width is simple but do not know the length. Or is there a certain length depending on the size of the hull? Is there any reason why I could not fab. this out of stainless, it seems that all the rideplates i see are alum. Stainless looks so much better polished. Thanks for any help.
    79 hustler

MikeF
    79H, You can pretty much make it however you want. The minimum length is would be to the mounting yoke attached to the end of the bowl wink . As far as stainless...again if it's what you want then do it. The plate is attached to the shoe that is attached to the intake. Most plates are mounted flush to the shoe depth.
    It is just mostly a matter of making a whole lot of different ones until you come up w/ the best combination for your hull. Or go to someone who knows more of what your hull likes. Both ways are enlightening, just a matter of what you want to do .
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/Old_Liberty_jet_pic_lite.JPG[/img]
    photo is not very good.... but it gives you a look at the ride plate.
    [ November 12, 2002, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

roco racing
    the racers are using some type of aircraft alum. with stiffeners.plates are flexing too much with the normal alum.ive seen one that came off a race boat that was so warped and bent it was unbelievable.im changing mine to the trick stuff. plate is 18 inches long.i also have one that someone else made that was 19.5 inches long.both for my 19ft.daytona...instead of using the stainless just anodize your alum. or something.

Sangster
    Almost all aluminum on quality boats is 6061-T6.. It's strong & has good polishing qualities...

SilyDevil
    24' Long x 8 " wide with no shoe
    [ November 12, 2002, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: SilyDevil ]

Unchained
    I used a piece of aluminum channel for the ride plate. It's real strong and will never flex.

I have a piece left over, Do you want it?
    [ November 13, 2002, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Unchained ]

1HOTGMCJET
    Hey Unchained - I may be interested in your aluminum channel for a rideplate - I'm here in Michigan as well - how much? Thanks for your help!

Liberator TJ1984
    What the hell is that " White Stuff " on the ground behind the rudder ???

78Eliminator
    I have a huge gouge in my ride plate where I went over a rock. Should I replace it or can I weld or buff it out?

Blown 472
    dont weld it, will make it weak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast