Thread: Need info on 78 Elim Daytona..

BBB
    Friend has 1978 19' Elim Daytona. He is having a problem keeping the pump loaded at WOT. He has heard that Elim made changes to the hull soon after 78 to correct this problem.
    My questions are:
    1) Can anybody confirm if this is accurate and do you know what changes were made? (He thought that Elim had modified the hull just ahead of the intake to create a high pressure zone?)
    2) His pump/intake are stock, can anyone recommend a grate/scoop source that might be able to assist?
    Thanks for your input!
    -BBB

78Eliminator
    I have a 78 Eliminator Daytona. I can take digital pictures to show you my intake grate setup since I have NEVER had any loading problems. I know the previous owner installed a funky high performance one.....
    Let me know

HavasuDreamin'
    Talk to Mr. Shoemaker. He has LOTS of experience with this hull!

BBB
    Originally posted by HavasuDreamin':
    Talk to Mr. Shoemaker. He has LOTS of experience with this hull!
    I assume that you are refering to Greg Shoemaker? If so, how do I get a hold of him?
    Thx for the direction...
    -BBB

BBB
    Originally posted by 78Eliminator:
    I have a 78 Eliminator Daytona. I can take digital pictures to show you my intake grate setup since I have NEVER had any loading problems. I know the previous owner installed a funky high performance one.....
    Let me know
    If it's not too much of a hassle, Yeah some pix would be great/grate!
    -BBB

78Eliminator
    Ok, when I get home I'll crawl under and shoot you a few pics....

1quickjet
    Originally posted by BBB:
    I assume that you are refering to Greg Shoemaker? If so, how do I get a hold of him?
    Thx for the direction...
    -BBB
    GS Marine. (909) 272-6060

greg shoemaker
    With the flat keel bottom Eliminator you have to a rideplate and shoe assembly or you'll never get it to keep a load at high speeds. We made a bottom change on the 19 but that was'nt until the mid 80's. Greg

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by greg shoemaker:
    With the flat keel bottom Eliminator you have to a rideplate and shoe assembly or you'll never get it to keep a load at high speeds. We made a bottom change on the 19 but that was'nt until the mid 80's. Greg
    There you have it, I knew he would have the info! Tell your buddy to take the boat to him, he won't be disappointed.

78Eliminator
    He's right. That's what I have on mine. Shit, I forgot to take pictures. I can post them Monday when I get back....sorry.
    Justin