Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NJBA UpDate/Crash

MikeC
    I just got a call from Ming, unfortunatly there has been a Jet Boat crashed. He was haulen and just crossed the lights then suddenly blew over. He was conscius and in good spirits on his way to hospital for check over. Lets wish him and his family best wishes! It wasn't a CP nor a Eliminator.....
    MikeC
    Names with-held for insurance purposes.......

Kurtis500
    It was Frank Nagore in the BGJ Blue Thunder.

Heatseeker
    I hope he is O.K.
    [ September 07, 2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Heatseeker ]

565edge
    Kurtis500:
    It was Frank Nagore in the BGJ Blue Thunder.DO any of you now the status,was it nagore?is he ok?He is one of the best!MY prayers are with him.Sounds like maybe he made a full pass,do you know the speed and e.t.?I know that he would blow the pop off to slow boat down because of unsafe conditions at the last race at ming. frown

HBjet
    Last heard update was he had a few broken ribs and another bone that I can not pronounce. It was rumored that he had a problem with his lungs, but they are ok, and he is just in a lot of pain, and was going to be in the hospital overnight.
    From what I heard, the boat was just lifting and lifting and then went over at the lights. The boat is trashed. The transom and right side are all broken. Hack Job and Flat Broke took some photos, I'm sure they will post them. If you see the boat, you would think no one would survive the crash. The boat is a total loss.
    Other then that, the day was pretty nice. A lot of fast Flats and jets. Saw a few TFH's and TAH's run. Too bad no one made a full pass down the track without letting off.
    HBjet
    [ September 08, 2002, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

565edge
    Thank you.

hack job
    when we left at like 6 last night they had said that he had some broken ribs and a bruised kiddney, and that he was in pain but he was going to be ok. all of our prayers go out to things like this . lets pray form a speedy recovery!

flat broke
    I'm heading out to pick up my film and cds so I should have some photo's of the boat. Like everyone else that was there yesterday, I'm just glad to hear he's going to be okay.
    Chris

Miss BK
    This came from the AP wire:
    BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) … A 47-year-old drag boat racer died Sunday when his vessel became airborne and flipped during a National Jet Boat Association race on Lake Ming.
    Dale Wesley Anderson of Newport Beach died shortly before 11 a.m. at the Kern Medical Center, the Kern County coroneräs office said in a news release.
    Anderson, who was wearing a helmet, sustained multiple internal injuries, the release said.
    A message left for National Jet Boat Association board member Don Jones was not immediately returned.

HBjet

This is terrible!
    I can't believe this. I've known Dale for a almost a year now and I even talk to him yesterday. He was happy to be in the new boat, and they were doing half track passes to get used to the boat. I still can't believe this. I even helped him get out of his boat yesterday.
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
    HBjet frown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast