Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the Californians

I'm curious about something. I see where lots of you make an almost weekly sojourn to the river. What's the drive time from LA or San Diego to the Parker Strip or Laughlin? I'm thinking it's about the same as it is for us (3-4 hours depending on where you're going)?
    We hit our local lakes almost every weekend, but that's only a half hour to an hour away in most cases. As much as I enjoy the river, it's usually only a two or three trip per year deal for me.
    I'd have to take a second job just to pay for the gas if I did the river every weekend or even just every other.

77charger
    the drive can vary from 3-5 hrs from here in fullerton 3hrs no traffic not towing.4-5 towing depending on traffic.I am lucky if i can go once a month depepnding on time and money.I will normally take 1 weekned a month to go boating but will go to powell,havasu,blythe,or nacimento
    (nor cal).For day trips i need to drive at least 45 minutes.

littleC
    That really must suck going to local lakes!!! I try to go to Blythe every weekend. It is about 2 1/2 hours for me not towing, but if I do tow the time isn't much different. My roomate has a place in Needles and it takes about 3 hours. If you have never been to Blythe you should give it a try. I stay at a park called Mayflower Park. Very few people go and we have a sandbar that everybody goes to and hangs out. People are cool and if you like to ski the water is almost always glass.

littleC
    77charger
    where do you stay at in Blythe?

Where is Laverne?
    Parker is about 2 1/2 hours and less than half a tank of gas. I find Parker to be way too rough on the weekends though. Havasu is about 3 hours and just a tick over a half tank. About the only place you can run there is in speed alley, the rest of it's way too rough for me. Haven't been to Blythe yet (emphais on yet!), but I'm gonna make it before summer is over. I guess that's about 3 hours too, but it's all highway and few hills, so not too bad. I've gone down below the spillway to Big River once and enjoyed that. Went to Lost Lake once too and it was o.k. but the water level was pretty low. Really had to read the river and watch the banks to see what side they'd dredged on, or risk running up on a gravel bar. Don't get me wrong, I like the bars as much as everyone else, but prefer the ones that serve drinks.

JetBoatRich
    I hit the local lakes when ever possible, kids and time don't always allow us to get away every weekend or month for the 9 hour round trip drive. frown

JetBoatRich
    My brother-in-law lives in Blythe, I guess we should go visit him more. Sound like a hidden place, I have never taken the boat there.

77charger
    littleC:
    77charger
    where do you stay at in Blythe? between twin palms and paradise point.

littleC
    Blythe has sand bars no rock bars. You have to read the water there also. We have a lot of fast boats and cool people. E-mail me if you plan on coming up.
    LaVerne is where Rex-Marine is located. I am about 4 blocks away which can really suck because I am always over there spending money!!!!

littleC
    Blythe has sand bars no rock bars. You have to read the water there also. We have a lot of fast boats and cool people. E-mail me if you plan on coming up.
    LaVerne is where Rex-Marine is located. I am about 4 blocks away which can really suck because I am always over there spending money!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast