Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday meal traditions

Sleek-Jet
    Used to be a full on Ham dinner at Grandma's house, eat all day with the main meal late afternoon... Presents in the morning at Mom's house, Christams Eve was at Dad's ...
    But since moving down here, it become a bottle of Scotch, chips and dip, along with some brats on the grill about sundown. Gotta love a bachelor holiday...
    ... I think I'll go to the lake this year.

ROZ
    Christmas Eve is always traditional mexican food, beer, and tequila. Beans, shredded beef tacos, sopa, Albondagas soup, tostadas, chicken and beef tamales, chili verde and cheese enchiladas, and flan for dessert... My mom also makes pumpkin, apple, coconut cream, and lemon marange pies...
    Christmas day is always Roast, honey baked ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans w/bacon, sucatash, salad, several types of breads, stuffing, beer, wine, and a little more tequila.. My mom makes more of the same pies as well...
    Nice having a family that can cook really well
    IT'S LIKE 3 DAYS OF HEAVEN !!!!
    I'm sooooo hungry just thinking about it!!!
    As far as Santa goes.... Either my brother or I dawn the fat man's suit and play the roll for the kids Christmas eve...lol ... Over the last couple years the neighbors have asked us to do a quick stop from "Santa" after we're done at my house... It's pretty cool, and we usually walk away with more booze
    This year we'll be at my sister's house in San Diego since they have a newborn...
    GOTTA LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!
    Did I mention that I'l hungry over here!

Biglue
    Tamales of course.
    But we also have Turkey and ham along with the usual sides. I know.......exciting stuff huh?

SummitKarl
    My tradition has always been to wait till Ziggy parents go home and raid the left-overs

76ANTHONY
    My tradition has always been to wait till Ziggy parents go home and raid the left-overs
    hell yeah, call me if you need a ride

JetBoatRich
    http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/i...es/1sulten.gif Honey Baked Ham, scallope potatoes vege'shttp://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/1sulten.gif and what ever my wife throws togetherhttp://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/1cheff.gif

azgfboatgirl
    It's all about Christmas eve, the kitchen turns into a fish market..seafood dishes all night
    Damn...seafood I wanna be at your house!!

LHC30Victory
    prime rib, with green bean casserole, salad and garlic mashed potatos.
    Now THAT'S a dinner to celebrate

djunkie
    Christmas eve- Seafood/pasta dinner at my aunts. Cooked by my Italian side Grandmother.
    Christmas day- Prime rib dinner at my grandmas on the other side of the family.

Redwing247
    Christmas eve: buffet @ Harrahs Laughlin
    Christmas day: Ham, Turkey and the usual stuffs. Same every year at inlaws.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast