Thread: Predator Carbs

FordTech
    Does any one have any experience running predator carburators on a jet boat and how did it run?

HammerDown
    FordTech:
    Does any one have any experience running predator carburators on a jet boat and how did it run?Yes, my brother had one on a 455 Jet. The motor purrrrred like a kitten. Ran good. I did rebuild it for him after sitting a couple years though.
    [ September 11, 2002, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Bense468
    I know a guy with a blown cp and he is running dual predators. It ran 97 mph. Other then that I don't know much about how the low or the mid is on them.

Omega21
    Had a friend with a 68 Camaro & a pretty healthy 327...I know it's not a boat....anyway it ran like a raped ape on the camaro. Nver raced it, but close to a 12 second car. Took the carb off & put it on a lifted 1 ton with a 468 ci Chevy...no tuning, no jet changes, nothin..it was a massive improvement over the Qjet that was on it. The carburetor didn't care if the truck was bouncing around, or goin straight down the road, it ran good anyway.
    Guess what I'm saying is that from what I've seen, the variable venturi idea works very well, running flat or bouncing around like a boat/4x4.
    Todd

FordTech
    Thanks everyone. We will try it on the boat next year.

jslimjeff
    They are awsome due to the fact they are variable venture so you wont be over or under carbed. Only drawback is they use more fuel than a standard carb. SO dont get it if you are looking for fuel efficency. I went with the grand old standby a 1050 Dominator and I love it ...