Thread: 12JW Roster tail

kcils1
    BrendellaJet,I just got my diverter on ebay.I hope I did'nt piss anyone off on the board that was bidding on it,because I was pretty shrewd about the hole deal,but I guess he had it coming.Oh well now; I've got my tail and I'm happy.Thanks for the other info.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Can we get some pics of that tail? I will be posting pics of my tail in a few weeks when my boat is done wink

1973 Hondo
    That would be me that was betting against you! And no you didnt Pi$$ me off, its all about the cash thats all....... wink

BrendellaJet
    Good deal. Glad I could help. Cant wait to put mine on. Its gonna be a while though. My boat wouldn't even float right now...

HotHallet
    My friend Brandon and I put my diverter on a few weeks ago on my 12JC on my Hallet. I haven't had it on the water yet but can't wait. On a "c" bowl you can't run a droop so we grinded a little off the top arm so the diverter can't ratchet up higher. we did it so the lower seal will not be affected. I finally got a tail and will post pics once I put the boat in the water. Lots in store for this season. Freshened up trailer, new diverter, custom false floor with brand new carpet. i can't wait to get it wet. Hoping the tail goes 25-30 feet.

HalletDave
    HotHallet,
    Let me know how it turns out. I have an old 77 model Place diverter (electric trim adjust) on the 77 Hallett. I am getting full up travel but the roost will only go about 3ft above the water surface. I talked to Tim @ Place. Evidently the old models didn't have the same amount of up-down travel as the new ones. I am thinking about going to the new model with hydraulics. Concerned about price versus will a new one give me what I am looking for. Anyone else have input on this. Thanks
    HD

XClutchboy725
    Congrats on the Diverter Travis! Not only are you going to love that rooster tail, you're going to be real happy when you can trim the ride when it gets a little choppy... I like to point mine all the way down, then nail it from a dead stop! The bow never rises! She just sets you back in the seat and leaps onto the top of the water!
    jawdrop
    Try it out when you take it out the first time.
    [ February 26, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: XClutchboy725 ]