Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer powder coat

HARDIN18
    I was wondering how much it costs to have a trailer powder coated.
    I met Hothallet at mayflower over Memorial and his trailer lookied awesome, He had other ways of paying for it though.
    I would like to prep it my self. Not sure what exactly I have to do to prep it though. Would like some info on this.
    I have a 18ft. boat. The trailer is a dual axle with removable tongue. Not sure of the make but it is a 1991.

i had my trailer powder coated last year @ inland powder coating in the city of ontario, they did a swell job on it! to get it painted , i was quoted 900.00-1500.00, inland quoted me for bead blasting, marine primer and coating it,................600.00w/ a 5 day turn around!!! not too shabby if you ask me!!

HARDIN18
    Sounds real good. Thanx todd.

if i can remember the cats name was frankbut as for the # you'll have to call info. todd

HARDIN18
    Did you prep the trailer your self?
    What exactly did you have to do if so?

HotHallet
    Mike- Almost went the powdercoating route but where the joints come together on those old trailers most companies used bondo to smooth the webbing. As soon as that trailer goes in the baking booth after powdercoating that bondo will melt and ruin your coating job. To eliminate this problem the covers that go over where all the rails come together need to be completely welded in, ground smooth before the powdercoating is done. I had my trailer sandblasted at Afco blasting in Gardena, California and then primered and painted using an industrial paint from DuPont. Look into painting it. There are paints out there that are just as durable as powdercoating. I used a good Imron from DuPont and so far she is working great. How far are you going on your trailer? New fenders, lights, bunks, wheels/tires, fresh paint or powdercoating? Is it dual axle? If you need help coordinating this project or tips let me know. Re-doing mine was definitiely a learning experience.

i went to inland and had to remove the wheels and hubs, they did the rest...powder coating is the way to gop!!

Bow Tie Omega
    Took the trailer for my 21 ft Omega to Inland Powder Coating in Ontario. I had to strip the trailer down to only the frame (make sure that you remove the brake booster if you have surge brakes, they had a little incident not to long ago in the oven). Sand blasted and powder coated red was $738.00 out the door. Turned out great, well worth the money. Hope that helps
    Phone: 909-947-1122
    www.inlandpowder.com
    [ June 04, 2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Bow Tie Omega ]

well at least bow tie and i know that they know how to make red look sweet,... i forgotto mention that i had to remove the bunks also

565edge
    Did you have to remove the trailer wireing too?This sounds like something i want done,the powdercoater's oven where i live isnt big enough for a trailer?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast