Thread: 79 youngblood

jodangles
    new to the jets, i have always loved them, since about 10 when i would spend the weekends at the lake of the ozarks with my uncle. he had an earley 70s modle jet not sure what kind. but it was loud and fast. Olds powered it would make all of us kids grin. Now i live on the Gasconade river in mid mo and have a 2003 Gator Jet boat. now that im the one at the helm it makes me grin more. Anyhow one of my nighbors is also my uncle not the one with the olds boat. This boat was purchsed last week. I was just wanting to get some info on it if anyone has any would apricate The boat is (acording to title) a 79 young blood 20' tunnel picklefork, sitting on a tandem traler. The hull semes to be soild but empty, no motor,pump,int, or tanks. Are these good hulls? This same guy had a 75 youngblood and loved it. It was a tunnel but not a Pickle.

Jake W
    A 20 ft Youngblood is a nice tunnel.If your uncle had one befor that was not a pickel fork it was probely a 19 ft gullwing design another nice boat.I think the 18foot Youngblood tunnel is faster than the 20 ft.I am sure he will be happy with it.Got some pics of it?Young Blood was the originator of this hull also.Good luck with it.Jake

Infomaniac
    Does it have a professional serial number molded in? That boat and the 18 were copied by the hundreds. What a cool boat.
    Looks like your perfect opportunity to put the latest greatest pump in it and set it back at the same time. Will make an excellent lake boat.

scorpionking
    holy cow, someone else that boats on the gasconade. i have a lot at the 42 bridge at indian ford. i live in st louis but we go down every weekend, i have a scorpion, the name gave that away. what kind of gator do you have? are you racing this year at the races?

jodangles
    I don't know about the vin #'s on the hull but the title name is youngblood. Sorry, I don't have any picks, even if i did i don't know how to put them into this pc my scaner is a hunk o $#^%. As far as making his one hotrod on H2O he got a smoken deal on the boat and is looking to make a few bucks, not get rich just turn it fast. Also, yes there arn't many people from the gasconade on the web. I live 5 mi below Jerom at sporthaven. My boat is a 2003 20' 60" gator it's blue w/ Yellow bubbles. I will be at the races but not my boat it won't do the job. But there is a new flat botom class this year for Shole runers, scorps, and gators. Or the infomus homade river runners. The rule is Small blk Small blk w/ nos, and no more than 8 degre bottom. By the way i went Gigging last night down river from 42 at summerfild got a mess of fish but worked our asses off to do it. We had to bust 4" ice to get to the holes with any fish. what color is your Scorp? I have some frinds that have lots at Indian ford also. The Stovalls' and afew others from St.james and Cuba. Bet I've seen ya at the pipe line or Thox rock if thats were you hang. See ya this summer.

Jake W
    So what is he selling it for?Jake

scorpionking
    exellent news abot the new class. i saw your boat on the gator website if its the one i am thinking of. i had a scorpion outlaw that was white with a checkerboard flag down the side with a red flame stripe set up like a fishing boat,but i just sold it and am building an openbow model, they needed a new class as the hotrod boats were blowing the flatbottoms away. do you know when the races are this year? sturgis is about the same time i think.

jodangles
    As far as the price- he's asking $2,000.00, but I think it could be bought for $1,200.00. Boat races are the first weekend in August, and I think Sturgis is the same time. Are you going to Sturgis? I also have a Harley. I've seen the boat that you sold. I think it was at the Pipeline. Did you sell it to someone from Vienna? My boat is the only one that is blue with yellow bubbles on the website. As far as the number for pricing on the Youngblood, you can call (573)465-7712 and speak to Jimmy.

Jetmugg
    Small world.
    I'm in St Louis now, but went to school in Rolla, and spent a lot of time fishing and running the Gasconade in my buddy's dad's outboard jet. I just recently bought an 18' Gullwing hull to build as a hot rod. I have heard about the races but never seen them with my own eyes. It's hard to believe that people would race high-po jetboats on the Gasconade. I can't wait to see them run.
    Anyway, it sounds like a smokin' deal on the Youngblood, even if it's a splash. I'm sure that somebody out there will be willing to make a deal with you for that hull.
    SteveM

superV
    Whats happen all you St.Louis-ins just wnated to pop in I live in Lake of St.Louis. We will all have to get to gether this summer! There are a few more on here too.