Thread: Can I drill the holes here?

kp216
    I'm getting ready to drill the holes for my hydraulic lines on the diverter. For right now, I'm going to be using the plastic lines and then sometime down the road, get the braided line and thru-hull fitting kit.
    I can't drill above the transom plate because of my swim step, so I was going to drill through the top of the transom plate between the two center screws. Will this be OK?
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/327drilling_location-med.jpg[/img]

Wet Dream
    I don't see why not. The transom adapter merely covers the big hole in the back. These covers offer little if any structural integrity.

sleekcraft76
    go for it !!

HammerDown
    Drill away...remember...measure twice...drill once>

wsuwrhr
    I drilled mine through the upper right side of my Jacuzzi adapter and used bulkhead fittings with O-rings. Worked perfectly. Like wetdream said, The adapter offers no structural support. Hammerdown's
    quote is correct, measure 4 times drill, two holes, make sure you check the other side to see what you are going to drill through.......
    Brian
    [ May 18, 2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

yeah if you can drill off to the side so the lines just make a straight shot to where they hook up on the side of the pump it may look cleaner and work out better for you, ive never done it, but i just think it may look cleaner and make more sence.start with a punch then drill with a small bit for the first hole then open it up with the correct size on the second time you drill. good luck.

kp216
    Thanks guys. I'll probably start making some small aluminum chips and curly-Q's tonight

Wet Dream
    kp216:
    Thanks guys. I'll probably start making some small aluminum chips and curly-Q's tonight Seasoned or regular?