Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spectra Swim Step

spectratoad
    I built a new swim step for my Spectra 20 and have the old fibeglass one. It is a little chipped up but could look new again if someone is good at fiberglass. It is taking up space in my garage. If someone can use it just pay shipping and I will get it to you or I am in Reno if someone wants to come do some gambling and pick it up.

Boatmaster
    Stoad whaz up Isold the 21 Daytona and got a 25 with twin 300Mercs look forward to seeing you guys next summer at Shasta.

spectratoad
    Sounds like you'll be rippin' up the water. I am so bummed that the leaves on the trees are turnin'. It seems like I just got the boat back together and it's over. That boat sounds really nice, look forward to seeing it.

spectras only
    spectratoad, is your step made for the jet [with the cutout for the cable]or v-drive? Thanks

TCJET
    What are the diminsions and do you have a picture. I have a 21' Southwind that needs a platform on the back for when the kido's jump out. I know what your talking about just got my 460 back together and here comes the rain, but I did get a good run this last weekend 85mph on the old mini day cruiser. Everyone said that it was overcast, I don't remember, anything over 50mph with the rooster up is a great day.

WETDAWG
    TCJet,
    I have the same boat and I got the swim steps through Overtons.Mine is a 1977. The hull has a 12 degree slant not a 14 like some.
    I wish I could see 85mph. I'd consider myself lucky when I hit 65mph
    What did you do to it? Blown? Nitrous?
    If you want some Southwind stickers check out
    www.roostwear.com. I got one for the back of my truck

TCJET
    No blower or drugs just motor (a little over 500 hp and 490 ft lbs of torque on the dyno): 460 bored .30 over new hypertectic pistons that raised the compression up to 10:1 79 truck block lined honed and balanced with the ISKY mega marine cam polished and ported forever on the heads to get rid of those Ralph Nadar knots in the exhaust runners, dish cut the valves. dual plane intake with a holley 750 single pumper then added the other metering block with power valve in it, then machined the choke stack off and ceramic coated inside and out on the carb. Basset OT headers Berkley JG jet with high performance loader and Ride place, and of course the good ol place diverter. Flat water and heavy air down in Texas help. Holley blue fuel pump set a little high at 9psi coming from a Racor fuel filtering system. Turning a little over 5000 rpm's with an A impeller that is a bit chewed up, need to get Mike to rework it for me soon.

spectratoad
    Spectras Only,
    It is made for the jet. Has the cutout and someone also notched it for the place diverter cable. That needs to be done correctly though, they just cut it and resined it. It I remember when I measured for my new swim step it was 75"x14 1/2". I will try to get a pic on tomorrow.

WETDAWG
    TC,
    She sounds SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Now I gott rebuild the motor this winter. Like the law says " there is no replacement for HORSEPOWER" got pictures?
    WD

WETDAWG
    TC,
    Check out www.roostwear.com for Southwind Stickers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast