Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help on Hull and Jet Selections

LiquidJ
    Hey jet boat fans, kind of a lurker, do not have a lot a time to post, but need you help. You guys are the experts so here it is.
    I have two jet boats I have acces to buy, and would like you opinions on the hulls and drive. I know the 455 should be used as an anchor...but they have both been rebuilt by marine engine rebuilders.
    The first is a 73 Marlin with a rebuilt Berkley Drive w/ Jet-O-Vator and a rebuilt 455 (approx 15 hours).
    The other is a 73 Hondo with a Jacuzzi WJ drive (original) and rebuilt 455 .03 over (approx 20 hours).
    I do not have a lot of specs on the engines, but right now am more concerned with the hull and drives. Any negative/postive feed back would be great. Thanks

Tahiti Tiger Mark
    We just GPS'd my 18' Tahiti last weekend with 4 people, ice chest, and 20 gallons of gas at 60.3 mph. I have a 455 olds with a torker manifold, holley carb, and crappy log headers, mated to a Berk JC no diverter. Pretty damn basic setup but it runs and is a great skier.

sidewound
    Don't be too hard on the 455 or you'll stir everybody up. I just got done building mine. With the right prep the 455 is a descent power plant. Anchor my A$$. If you wanna run the "everybodys got one" power you will get more bang for your buck tho.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

1Bahnerjet
    Too Bad You couldn't get the Hondo with the Berkeley, well if you could that would be the set-up. wink
    -------------
    Thats BANNER with an H

HotHallet
    Buy the hondo!

Aqua Boogie1
    I would go with the marlin, being that the pump motor has been re-build. It would to be less problems from the motor and pump at least. Even though the hondo motor was done and not the pump. Just my opinion?????

Aqua Boogie1
    Ooohhh, by the way. Just because I have a marlin carries no right...... wink

Aqua Boogie1
    Ooohhh, by the way. Just because I have a marlin carries no weight...... wink

1Bahnerjet
    I know What a Hondo is, Whats a Marlin?( do you have a Pic.? )
    ---------------
    Thats BANNER with an H

Aqua Boogie1
    I don't have a pic to post yet, have to buy a camara. But you can check Vintage jet boats website and check it out there. The openbow is the Aries and the closed, is the tigershark.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast