Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new carb

80Hawaiian
    The old Holley 800CFM 4165 that was on my boat from the factory is going to have to be replaced soon. Too many problems, not worth rebuilding. So I'm looking for suggestoins for the new carb. I'm pretty sure I want to put the Holley classic 800 double pumper on there. But I'm open for suggestions. Also I need to get some kind of idea on where to start with my jetting. I've got a 1980 20' Hawaiian. Chevy 454 stock Hardin Marine motor 330HP. 8:1 compression. Edelbrock RPM Performer intake, basset OT headers. I dont know anything about the stock cam, tried to find info, nobody could help me. Berkley JC with an A impeller. Mallory unilite ignition. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
    dan

triple x tx
    take yours to a shop and get it rebuilt if you cant do it yourself.........the parts inside the carb,i.e. powervalve, gaskets, needles and seats and accelorator pumps may be wore out but the carb itself is probably fine. clean it real good check the throttle shafts and kit it and it will do fine

80Hawaiian
    Sorry I forgot to say I've already rebuilt it 4 years ago. The throttle plate shaft has began leaking and I've already jetted it up to compensate for that. Its just time to get something new.

triple x tx
    those are rebuildable too.......you usally get nem teflon bushings for the throttle shafts in the kit........4 years since rebuild your defently do

Hotcrusader76
    Hey bro,
    If your looking for another carburetor or wish to have yours redone, drop me a line. Sounds like your ready for an overhaul. I offer chrome packages, color choices, and many Hi-perf. parts for that Holley.
    We can look into getting a different baseplate for your 850cfm Holley, and retaining the rest of the metal parts.
    You will get all new hardware, rubber parts, and many many options to force that carburetor to run well.
    If your interested email me with your engine specs, and as much info as possiable. My turn-a-round time averages about 2-3 weeks, but ***boat.net guys I try to pump out faster...
    Email me for some pictures of past projects.
    V/R
    Ty Lofstrom
    Texas Performance Carburetors
    sales@tpcracing.com

rivercrazy
    A holley 9022 marine 800cfm double pumper is a good carb

sleek-jet427
    Go holley 750 cfm, vac secondary, change secondary spring to light one, and count your money youll be saving on fuel! 4 squirters when you need em , 2 when you dont!! My local motor guy told me this and I was skeptical, Now I'm a believer!!!Runs better on my 427 than my 850 double pumper!!

squirts
    I have to agree with rivercrazy If you can rebuild your carb It would be the best thing.

DickDanger
    I have only heard this from someone that knows carbs, but I was told that Holleys are a bitch to rebuild, as in, sometimes the rebuild doesnt "take." He advised me to drop kick my Holley to the curb, and get an Edelbrock. Just passing on what I have heard. -DD Out

HighRoller
    Two words....SEA DEMON....If you really wanna get nasty,four words...Gary Williams Sea Demon!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast