Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 455olds fix??????????

1973 Hondo
    Why do you think that when someone spins a rod or main, it always what 2 sets??????????? Exactly #7 or # 8 any guesses why?

Omega21
    Last one I saw that got messed up was #1, #2 and the front main.
    Todd

1973 Hondo
    ok front and or rear? why?

BigDaddy
    1973 Hondo:
    Why do you think that when someone spins a rod or main, it always what 2 sets??????????? Exactly #7 or # 8 any guesses why? No Oil, Over reving,wore out,water in oil.
    ok my guesses and I have others but i start with these
    and just for kicks yall check these giffs i found

ok Thats all for now hope yall like them have fun
    [ October 04, 2002, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: BigDaddy ]

1973 Hondo
    Ok , i'll tell ya, when you take off , all the oil is in the back of the head, hince 1 and 2, when you start to slow down all the oil is in the front hince 7 and 8 , pretty simple, no the ? is how do you get it to the pan? With 1/2 inch hose from the valve covers to the pan and a cooler , and even a rev limiter will help keep you from over reving out of the water,,,

JetBoatRich
    Is it also true that your oil pressure will increase when this happens?

BigDaddy
    1973 Hondo:
    Ok , i'll tell ya, when you take off , all the oil is in the back of the head, hince 1 and 2, when you start to slow down all the oil is in the front hince 7 and 8 , pretty simple, no the ? is how do you get it to the pan? With 1/2 inch hose from the valve covers to the pan and a cooler , and even a rev limiter will help keep you from over reving out of the water,,,Um Hey Hondo I dont know how to tell you this But I was Taking for granted that you allready knew this trick but it is more trouble then you think it is becouse you need oil to flow thru motor not just to the pan.
    and the way it jumps around in the water all ready it doesnt help much the best thing is the Baffles in the Oil Pan to keep the oil from staying in the rear or front of the pan but if you have a good oil pump it should oil just fine however if you have J Heads or stock it has small oil journals or it doesnt oil as good as the K head heres a link to all the info you need and you can look up your motor to find out what you have check this out it will really help you
    http://my.inil.com/~dlbrown/ofhed.htm#Heads
    you can also find out other stuff hope this helps you it should. and this wont cost you $30.00 just if we ever see each other you can say thanks for the info it helped me.

[ October 04, 2002, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: BigDaddy ]

BigDaddy
    JetBoatRich:
    Is it also true that your oil pressure will increase when this happens?No rich this should not affect your pressure as long as the oil level doesnt change (meaning the amount or volume) hey there are lots of Opinions and reasons for shit to happen but the main thing is you have FUN

1973 Hondo
    I already have the ka heads, but people concieve you need a larger pan, you dont, if the oil doesnt get back down , it doesnt matter if you have a 20 qt pan...........a bigger pan is just a bandaid!!!!!!!!

BigDaddy
    1973 Hondo:
    I already have the ka heads, but people concieve you need a larger pan, you dont, if the oil doesnt get back down , it doesnt matter if you have a 20 qt pan...........a bigger pan is just a bandaid!!!!!!!!Then Use Restrictors in the Heads
    the reason for larger Pan is Volume well at least it is for me and most of the Engine Builders I know.
    and what I mean is the more volume the cooler the oil and the Least likely it will break down so thin.
    if you have ten quarts of oil not getting back to the pan then you got other problems and need to check the head Gaskets and or oil Return journals for a restriction.
    man there are all kinds of reasons for bad oil return but the size of the oil pan isnt one of them. but the Shape of the oil Pan this could keep the pickup tube from getting oil in it and not pumping it to the Heads or Lifters etc. and I think that is more what you are talking about when you say the oil goes to the front or rear. that is why they put Baffles in the Pan to help keep this from Happening.
    Just think wouldnt it be nice if you could raise or lower your Crank Shaft to get deeper in the oil. man I smoked to much Pot in High School

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast