Thread: Carbon fiber valve covers

Omega21
    Who was the one making these? Seems to me he had a set for a Hemi he got some serious $$$ out of. Wanted to ask a couple of questions.
    Todd

oldphart
    from the name I assume you have a 21' omega. I too have one of those old ugly heavy day cruisers. Mine has a new 514 Ford and Jacuzzi WJ with a B impeller. After 2 years of restoration this money pit should hit the water at CFW next Saturday. Whats the specs on yours? How does it run?

Omega21
    hehehe..yep. I'll shoot the story behind it into your e-mail. It'll give you something to read for a little bit :-)
    Todd

Cas
    oldphart,
    Since you're close, are you going to join us for the 3rd Annual Tower Park Run?
    Todd,
    I also remembering seeing something about that but can't remember who it was?

Omega21:
    Who was the one making these? Seems to me he had a set for a Hemi he got some serious $$$ out of. Wanted to ask a couple of questions.
    Todd I think it was Kurtis500 that made those.....just do a search for carbon fiber

Omega21
    I did do a search, and the oldest post that came up was a thread about guages in November of last year. I'm thinking the carbon fiber valve covers were last summer or so...
    Todd

Omega21:
    I did do a search, and the oldest post that came up was a thread about guages in November of last year. I'm thinking the carbon fiber valve covers were last summer or so...
    Todd OK, I just looked in the V-Drive forum only....search for "Kurtis500"
    That is his name.......I'm sure of it

superdave013
    ssmike:
    Omega21:
    Todd OK, I just looked in the V-Drive forum only....search for "Kurtis500"
    That is his name.......I'm sure of it Yep, he the guy. I keep telling him that if he made some for a BBC that would clear water jacketed headers he would sell shit loads of 'em.
    Right now he only makes them for the 392 hemis.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/PB270019.JPG[/img]

Omega21
    That's them! I wonder why the 'carbon fiber' search didn't turn them up?? Oh well, ssmike to the rescue!
    You're right about making those for a BBC, and the Oldsmobile too. He'd make sh*tloads of dough off of them.
    Todd