Thread: Fricking Weasel (off topic)

SeaSlut
    Got in my boat the other morning, a mink jumped up on the deck, pissed all over and dove in the water.
    today we go ski, half a trout in the bilge, crawdad pieces all over.
    Trap is set, he's going to the other side of the lake.
    It was cool seeing him like that though.
    rog

cyclone
    a stray cat used to camp out in my boat all the time when the cover was on it. tore up one of the side interior panels. never did catch it. bastard!

miller19j
    My boat is in my garage and I have frogs living in it. I guess they like that little bit of water in the bilge that I did not get out. The little bastards are making a mess. Frog shit is pretty nasty and stains seats!

78Eliminator
    miller19j:
    My boat is in my garage and I have frogs living in it. I guess they like that little bit of water in the bilge that I did not get out. The little bastards are making a mess. Frog shit is pretty nasty and stains seats!This is a true story. At my parents house, we didn't use our boat for a year. I popped open the cover and there was a smell that just about knocked me down. Inside was the remains of a cat. More like a cat pancake. It had gone through all the stages of decomposition: bloating, then liquified, then eaten by blowflies. It was so foul. Guess, who got to clean the boat? That's right! Teenage Justin! I would scrub for a couple seconds, then lean over the side of the boat and dry heave. Bad situation.

hack job
    mike i had a cat in mine for a while too ! i think he pissed in it too ! i have to remove the carpet any way but the smell wouldnt go away! i hate cats! wink

lakesmodified
    hack job:
    mike i had a cat in mine for a while too ! i think he pissed in it too ! i have to remove the carpet any way but the smell wouldnt go away! i hate cats! wink Only good cat is a sail cat.

79Hawaiian
    A bird got into mine and built a nest of dried weeds and branches. Little bastard stuck them way up under the deck. I ended up pulling two trash bags full of crap out of there. The cats wanted nothing to do with this boat that year; Birds are too damn mean!

Backtanner
    You guys all sound fortunate. I must be the only one to have a family of hornets move in. Way up front under the deck. Nothing like introducing yourself while wiring gauges.

SeaSlut
    Weasel update!!!
    After considerable research, he's a river otter. I know more about river otter now than...
    So we head down to the dock for a little cold water skiing and the inside of the boat has otter shit everywhere. Obvious for its content of crawdad shells.
    We're warming up the SeaSlut when Buster comments on a foul odor in the back of the boat a hasty search turns up a half eaten trout, probably went 4-5lb live!We ditch that overboard and continue. foul odor getting worse. We pull the engine cover looking for more carrion. He's been using my Edelbrock Performer manifold for a dinner plate and the smell was the engine heat cooking fish guts. I have set a live trap. Night temps in the 30s so today is the last day at the marina for me (maybe)If I get any pics I will post them. Dry and fluffed out he was a handsome creature, definately a highlight of the year, except for the otter shit.
    I think the reason he picked my boat is I've been running crawdad traps this year. I sink them without a buoy(people will steal them). Then I go out after dark (stealth mode) and dive for them. It's a roger-thing diving at night, submerible flashlights and all, difficult to explain. Anyway I think my boat is loaded with "crawdad stink" and he couldn't resist. Found a warm dry picnic area and the rest is history.
    Had to share this, you guys understand.
    If caught he will be released , without bond, O.R., after booking and photo's for proper I.D. as per the WTF clause in my rules of life.
    rog
    [ September 28, 2002, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: SeaSlut ]