Thread: Pics of a set back pump?

Wet Dream
    I got to looking under my boat last night and was thinking about a setback. But what does it look like when you are finished? I'm really interested in the bottom of the transom and the rear most keel line area, under the boat. Anyone have a pic or 2?
    [ May 02, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

Duane HTP
    Here is a series of pictures of a set back we just finished in a Sanger Boat. It kind of lets you see the rear of the bottom and transom before the pump was put back in.
    www.hi-techperformance.com/sangerprogress.htm .
    Duane HTP

Wet Dream
    Is the transom cut out at the bottom? Do you lose structural integrity by doing that?

Duane HTP
    This one is not completely cut out as you can see by the picture. On a lot of the race pumps we do cut them out though. Have not really had a problem with strength. Some of them are running well over 1000 HP.

BobbyB
    First off, I know next to nothing about boats. Having said that, what are the benefits of setting back the pump? Is it specifically meant to improve performance on smaller boats, or would it benefit my mini day cruiser too?

BobbyB
    Duane HTP:
    Here is a series of pictures of a set back we just finished in a Sanger Boat. It kind of lets you see the rear of the bottom and transom before the pump was put back in.
    www.hi-techperformance.com/sangerprogress.htm .
    Duane HTP

HOSS
    My shoe is leaking now so I want to do a setback. What do you do to the transom since I will have large gaps between pump and glass/wood? I`ve seen what appears to be aluminum plate. I can cut that but what do I seal it with? 5200? Just use countersunk screws or bolts for plate? I`m not even using boat this year. No time for repair. I`ve already sealed shoe with 5200 once. Getting worse. Where can I get detailed info on this procedure? Book, web?