Thread: Help on Sidewinder I.D.

sidewound
    Can anyone tell me the model name of my hull? When I ordered my new windshield from L&L Marine the guy reffered to it as a tahiti. Sounds fishy to me. Im in the middle of anR&R right now including a total on the mill. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Sidewound.

572Daytona
    Geocities doesn't allow linking pictures to other web site so it is coming up as a red X. I know that Tahiti made hulls similar looking to Sidewinder, are you sure it is actually a Sidewinder? Is there a HIN number on it anywhere? A Tahiti HIN would start out as TAH, not sure about Sidewinder.
    Here is a link to the picture http://www.geocities.com/sidewound/Ten.html
    [ December 02, 2002, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: 572Daytona ]

Leather&Lace455
    Hey Sidewound, Sidewinders Hull ID is located on
    the transom and begins with SWM. My '73 Sidewinder is not equipped with a windshield, never seen another like it........

sidewound,
    No, the guy at L&L is right. The Sidewinder was based on the 16 Tahiti's bottom, with their own deck built on it. In return for splashing his bottom, Dick Schuster splashed the Sidewinder deck, calling it the Tahiti Tarino. Big lawsuit followed........another story.
    There's also a 18 1/2 foot version, Tahiti, Wriedt, Sidewinder etc, so make sure they know which one you have, the 16 or 18. The wrap around windshields are not interchangeable between the two.

Old Guy
    Hey sidewound, if you can't find a hull id number on the transom, look on the aluminum rub rail (right side rear). That's where it was on my '72 Sidewinder.
    old