Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hallet Dave Got his Rooster Up!

JetBoatRich
    Hallet Dave wanted me start a thread (he can only get on-line during the week) so he wants to get the boards advice and read it on Monday before he make the purchase.
    He wants to get his Rooster Lifted (LMAO), which unit do you reccomend?
    Place Diverter or agressor?
    Any advice and/or comments are welcome
    [ April 21, 2003, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

scorpionking
    here we go.....

JetBoatRich
    scorpionking:
    here we go..... Not sure what you are saying, this should stay civil (I Hope) wink
    Dave is a good guy and can take a joke, just wants advice.

Hallett19
    Roost greed, ha ? Well, the place hydraulic is going to get you the best angle I think, a droop snoot and a wedge (rooster booster) will get some serious lift on that thing but nothing makes a better rooster than HORSEPOWER!!!!

cyclone
    if he really want's a retarded looking roost, tell him to buy two wedges, stack em in between the nozzle and bowl and prepare for lift off! A droop will also help. i've seen people do this before and although i'm sure it didn't help the performance of their boat, it sure did make a tall roost.

JetBoatRich
    Dave has a 18' 1977 Hallett, LS6 (454)engine and a berkly jet, if that is any help.
    [ March 23, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

Hallett19
    a boat with two wedges.... all show, no go... that boat would have to be trimmed down all the way to make it drive normally. With that much angle on the nozzle, would the boat move forward a whole lot ? or just kind of push the back of the boat down?

HammerDown
    Mount a Droop snoot pointing up, then add the diverter...now thats a roost!...thats to funny.

HalletDave
    Gentlemen,
    Thanks for the good hearted humor early this Monday morning. I have an old style Place diverter on a Berk JC. Wedges and droops are not a viable option for me at this time. Besides there is enough space debris in orbit around the Earth. I have done some grinding in order to get a bit more up travel. I have seen an increase in speed from this mod, but I think I am just about at the max. I talked with Tim (@ Place) and he seems to think I will get what I am looking for with the new style Place diverter, due to the extended up travel. Plus I won't have the reverse
    part of the nozzle hanging as far down in the water. I have also heard good things about the Agressor diverter.
    Does anyone really know which diverter is the most efficient & has the most up-down travel?
    Chet,jump in here.
    Thanks guys.
    Hallett (wantin' more ROOST) Dave

JetBoatRich
    All good humor there Dave, I see you are in early.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast