Thread: Diverter Cable Installation

Nubbs
    I have a Dominator pump and I'm installing a manual Place Diverter on my boat. My reverse cable comes through the transom adapter and seals with some sort of aluminum fitting with a rubber grommet inside. One end of the fitting threads into the transom adapter with 1/2"NPT threads. The other end of the fitting has a cap, which when screwed on, squishes the rubber grommet. I would like to find another seal like this for my diverter cable. I don't want to use the cable seal provided by Place. Every boat store I've been to wants to sell me the reverse cable packing for a Berkely. This fitting I need is different than a Berkely. Does anybody have any info or ideas for me?
    Thanks

SoCalPower
    Those are available at any commercial electrical supply center. I've purchased them from CED before. Be sure and get aluminum. They are used to seal cables entering juncton boxes etc. I also use black ABS models from Del City but the size you need for your cable has a 3/4 NPT.
    Hope this helps!

HammerDown
    Granger has those pices in stock and the catalog show's different pics.

Nubbs
    Thanks for the info. You'll have to excuse me as I'm new to this boating stuff, but what is CED?

SoCalPower
    Nubbs:
    Thanks for the info. You'll have to excuse me as I'm new to this boating stuff, but what is CED?Consolidated Electrical Distributors, they have several locations. You can also try Pro Boat in Riverside.....909/354-7867

AGGRESSOR JETS
    Nubbs:
    I have a Dominator pump and I'm installing a manual Place Diverter on my boat. My reverse cable comes through the transom adapter and seals with some sort of aluminum fitting with a rubber grommet inside. One end of the fitting threads into the transom adapter with 1/2"NPT threads. The other end of the fitting has a cap, which when screwed on, squishes the rubber grommet. I would like to find another seal like this for my diverter cable. I don't want to use the cable seal provided by Place. Every boat store I've been to wants to sell me the reverse cable packing for a Berkely. This fitting I need is different than a Berkely. Does anybody have any info or ideas for me?
    ThanksGive me a call=I thinkI can help-Toll Free 888-246-5075 Dave