Thread: BOW GAS TANKS.

ANGEL
    DOSE ANY ONE HAVE A GOOD WAY TO PLUM THEM UP? MY PROBLEM IS AT w.o.t. the fuel pressure drops to zero!! tank has been cold tanked to clean it out. the motor is a olds 455 with brand new fuel pumps mechanical and electric. fuel filter brand new. i think my problem is in the fuel line 3/8 rubber at 8 f.t.I think the fuel line is collapsing at full throttle. should i replace the stock 3/8 line with a steel braided line? ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT. p.s. at idle pressure is 5 pounds.

GlastronGuy
    Check your ground.
    How are you set up? I have an electric at the tank and a hi performance mechanical at the motor.
    I'd think that with an electric pump, feeding a mechanical pump that the fuel line couldn't collaspe. That is if everything is working right.
    EDIT
    I run 7 PSI at all RPMs
    Qjet, Torker, fuel/water separator.
    [ August 16, 2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: GlastronGuy ]

Floored
    i'm running saddle tanks with top pickups and 3/8 neoprene line and only a mech holley fuel pump and never run out of gas. I have filter from each tank to water seperator then filter going to fuel pump. with the bow tank you at least have gravity on your side. yes 455 olds also. vent problem maybe? shouldn't be sucking line flat. some holley electric pumps had a screen in the inlet that could clog from small debris. go 1 line at a time and eliminate it for clogs or restrictions then move to next line. look for tight bends or pinching.

i have a bow tank in my tahiti. i pulled out the
    pick-up tube and put in a 3/8" piece of copper
    for the pick up the old piece was only 1/4"
    i run a 454 with duel 600 on a tunnelram with
    only a edelbrock mec. pump and i run 7.5lbs at all times with no problems. i also have a inline fram gf1 filter and a water seperator also.
    pat(slotracer)

Sangster
    Also look for Twists in the line they will restrict...If your using fittings rather than hose clamps make sure the fuel line is relaxed at the fitting as you tighten it, it will twist and restrict also...It don't take much of a twist in the line to cause a problem. We had this problem on a daycruiser..Tried to make the fuel line go where we wanted it to go instead of where it wanted to go.....
    [ August 17, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]