Thread: ERIC 455 IS A STANDUP GUY

hd&boatrider
    If you are going to post any replies please do it under the Sandbar with the same titled subject so I don't have to check both of these. I just wanted everybody to see this here also since I know some of you jet boaters only check in here.
    Tom aka HD&BOATRIDER
    [ June 03, 2003, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

HotHallet
    No offence meant at all here but I thought that boat was priced kind of high when I first saw it advertised and to hear that there is some hull damage underneath is extremely disappointing. Sorry to hear about it. Call Todd at TRG Fiberglass and see what he would charge to fix it. Cyclone has his #. I'm glad Disco and his dad were there to help you out.

hboldno7
    wow, Im glad you guys were paying attn.Where in the bottom was the gash? Im looking forward to seeing the pics...

cyclone
    man that sucks. I can understand your frustration. A boat that don't float isn't turn key in my book. glad to hear you guys are alright and the boat didn't go down.

hd&boatrider
    [ June 03, 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

HARDIN18
    My buddy has a 70 somthin southwind hull and he got a crack in his hull soon after he bought it. They seem to be great river boats but I would not take one out on the lake if my life depended on it. He took his out on Havasu. Made a run from the channel to the sand bar, the water wasn't that rough and the hull was cracked and leaking when we got to the sandbar. I looked at the bottom of the hull before he bought it and the crack was not there. Not talling crap, but I wonder if it is a problem with southwind hulls.
    How much is it going to cost to get the hull fixed? Would like to know so I can tell my buddy.

hd&boatrider
    HARDIN18:
    My buddy has a 70 somthin southwind hull and he got a crack in his hull soon after he bought it. They seem to be great river boats but I would not take one out on the lake if my life depended on it. He took his out on Havasu. Made a run from the channel to the sand bar, the water wasn't that rough and the hull was cracked and leaking when we got to the sandbar. I looked at the bottom of the hull before he bought it and the crack was not there. Not talling crap, but I wonder if it is a problem with southwind hulls.
    How much is it going to cost to get the hull fixed? Would like to know so I can tell my buddy. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $300. which ERIC454 has graciously offered to pay. See the thread under the Sandbar.

HARDIN18
    hd
    That is hilarious! My buddy's boat has had this crack for two seasons now and he has just filled it with silicone as it needed. He was sure it would cost $1,000 to $1,500 to get it fixed. I will be laughing my *ss off when I tell him it will probably be around $300.
    Sorry for your miss hap, hope everything gets cleared up soon.
    [ June 03, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: HARDIN18 ]

hd&boatrider
    HARDIN18:
    hd
    That is hilarious! My buddy's boat has had this crack for two seasons now and he has just filled it with silicone as it needed. He was sure it would cost $1,000 to $1,500 to get it fixed. I will be laughing my *ss off when I tell him it will probably be around $300.
    Sorry for your miss hap, hope everything gets cleared up soon. Send him to Havasu Barney...His number is 928-505-8678. Remember that he would have to take a look at it first. Good luck

HARDIN18
    Thanx hd. I will give him that #.