Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: people and places in michigan area

FOMOCO76
    I JUST BUILT MY FIRST JET BOAT A '76 SLEEKCRAFT WITH A 460 FORD ,LOOKING FOR PLACES TO TEST IT NEXT SUMMER. ANY RIVERS? LAKES? THAT ATRACT FAST BOATS.ALSO HAS ANY BODY HEARD IF THE DRAG BOAT RACES ARE COMMING BACK TO RIVER SIDE PARK IN GRAND RAPIDS.

SleekPanther
    Check out the Michigan Hot Boats at
    http://www.michigan***boats.com/
    Good bunch with a lot of get togethers
    over the summer. I made the last two meets
    at Wamplers Lake and had a blast.
    Unchained is out your way, maybe he can
    offer some suggestions. What kind of Sleek?
    I run an SST
    Paul

FOMOCO76
    THANKS FOR THE INFO. AS FOR WHAT SLEEKCRAFT ? GOOD QUESTION, WHEN I GOT IT THE HULL WAS BARE JUST SEATS AND A PUMP. NO EMBLEM OR I.D. TAGS. MAY'BE SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME WITH THAT TOO. BASIC STATS ARE 1976 18FT HULL W/ JACCUZI PUMP W/AMERICAN TURBINE ENERGIZER KIT. THE BUCKET SEATS ARE ONE PIECE AND THE REAR FACE ONE ANOTHER.THE GUY THAT SOLD IT TO ME CALLED IT A SEMI-V ?

Hotcrusader76
    My ex-wife is from up in that area, Lansing MI.
    I love it up there, minus the Summer bugs/skeeters...
    I would assume there are many areas for boating...no?
    ~Ty

Old Guy
    You can go south about 15 miles to Gun Lake and run your boat there. I have a '76 Sleek Craft 20' tunnel with a converted Jacuzzi/Aggressor and 455 olds. It lives with me on the lake. The lake is patrolled by 2 sheriffs dept. and the DNR. As long as you don't get too loud or to stupid, they tend to leave you alone. You got any pics of your boat?
    old
    [ December 03, 2002, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Old Guy ]

Ragemaster
    Hot crusader, that was funny that thing about the bugs and skeeters up in Lansing! I take it you have never been in northern Mich. Up here they have tuned pipes and carb kits on the bastards, when they bite yerass you got to get a blood transfusion.

FOMOCO76
    old guy, yeah gun lake is great. what little test & tune i did in august was done on gun. In your opinion is the tunnel a better way to go than the vee. hope to see you on the island this summer.

Hotcrusader76
    Man those skeeters were using 12 gauge needles and had gas masks! Those little pests went right through my Levis, no BS!
    Did you guys import them from Texas? As long as there are mean skeeters in MI, will keep me here in San Diego, 72' year-round, NO SKEETERS (just punk kids), oh yeah....gas prices suck here, and so does the EPA?
    ~Ty

FOMOCO76
    old guy, Check out jets under reader rides .search; Michigan .

Old Guy
    FOMOCO76, I haven't used my tunnel enough to know much about it. I had a 18' Sidewinder that rode very nice. Then I had a 18' Avenger that rode real hard. I've never had a ride in a flat bottom but I've heard that they are the worst, also quite fast. The tunnel is supposed to offer a smooth ride and the potential for pretty good speed if have have enough power. My olds is supposed to make about 500 hp. The boat is 20' long so I don't expect great speed. The same motor in the 18' Sidewinder would beat the neighbors boat that goes 79.9 mph on local radar. I don't expect anything near that good with the bigger boat, tunnel or not. I'm looking forward to a season without oil blowing all over the stuff in the back of the boat.
    What's your boat look like?
    old

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast