Thread: 1988 Taylor SS

Aquawolfe
    My buddy just picked up an 88 Taylor SS 21 FT with a loader grate, place diverter and a Berkely droop snoot. This droop snoop has a horizontal stream straightener. His boat porpoises like crazy. Slow or fast, diverter up or down he bounces. I have a 20.5 Advantage with a droop snoop diverter and loading great and my boat does fine. Where should we start with his. I thought of changing the droop snoop to an aggressor with a verticle stream straightener.

squirtboat
    I had a Taylor SS that did the same thing, Mater of fact all my buddies called me flipper. I think it has alot todo with its a Taylor and an SS and its just going to do that. Good fast hull tho if you can keep it from looking for bait.

Aquawolfe
    There is nothing that can be done. I was thinking of changing intake grate if the droop snoop doesn't work or maybe fitting it with a ride plate. Any answers?

squirtboat
    It has alot todo with where the motor is setting in the hull, The one thing I did see change it on a friends SS was more horsepower. His SS would stick and run an honest 82mph on nitrous.
    I had a 455 that was fairly stock and it was flipper.Other than that I cant help ya, sorry

Duane HTP
    We have straightened up a lot of those Taylors with our E-Shoe and ride Plate system, along with the long straight snoot and diverter. The Taylors are actually what intrigued us to develope the units. You can see one at,
    www.hi-techperformance.com under the heading of Other Performance Parts. Duane HTP

Aquawolfe
    Thanks guys. I will talk to my buddy about trying an E Shoe and ride plate. I hope that will work. It's really a nice boat. Just got to fix the ride.