Thread: Costly jet boats

dgie
    Just out of curiosity am I the only one on the board loosing control of my pocket book when it comes to buying things for my jet boat? On that note I am thinking of changing out my Jacuzzi with a Berkley, Anyone have one they are selling 12jg is what I am looking for,,,,see what I mean??

Floored
    why? my jacuzzi works great but its been slightly changed for droop, ride plate and diverter, but then again I'm not trying to be the fastest. If it aint broke why fix it? enjoy the summer,gather parts and change stuff in the winter. performance is absolutely wonderful,but, I wont sacrifice my reliability for that last MPH.

Cas
    dgie:
    Just out of curiosity am I the only one on the board loosing control of my pocket book when it comes to buying things for my jet boat? dg,
    Yes and that's exactly why I put together the LBBA Discount Card. Yes this is a spam but the card works for savings not only for your boat but also for GM vehicles. We are now up to about 25 companies giving us discounts of various amounts.
    For instance, I just bought a set of Speed Pro pistons, forged h-beam rods, Total seal rings, Crane Gold roller rockers and a steel crank all for $1150.00. The same exact stuff from Summit would have cost just over $1800.00.
    We have 5 different companies for jets and parts alone. You can find the list on the Laid Back Board at LBBA Message Board
    Ok, enough with the spam. I'm kind of with Floored on this. The engine going in my boat is going to be built with reliability in mind first with TQ and HP next. What ever the engine does is what it's going to be, no more fooling around for me....on the engine anyway
    [ June 28, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Cas ]

jdog
    I agree with Floored. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm kind of the same way though. I spend money where it doesn't neeed to be spent. I need to learn to relax and enjoy the boat the way it is. Things will come up quick enough that will need your attention. Until then, save your money for boat gas.
    Jay