Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If it weren't for bad luck....

WETDAWG
    I'd have no luck at all.
    I put the new (to me) WETDAWG in the river on Friday. It was all good! she ran great. Rode smooth and was just a dream to ride in. The pump kept up with the minor water coming in and the Stereo.......WOW.
    That was Friday.
    Saturday...it all turned to S#@t.
    Put in at Needles, headed to the sandbar. In the narrows just past Needles some little squirt in a PWC made a sharp turn (not even looking) right into my path. Yes I was WOT. I pulled a hard right to avoid the collision , hit a wake , was bounced out of the seat and slammed into th gunwale on the opposite side of the boat. cry
    The boat spun around and stopped. The results, a trip to Bullhead City Hospital emergency room later that night (I thought Vodlka was Good for pain) 4 cracked ribs, torn muscles and ligaments around my rib cage, a dislocated finger and more scrapes and bruises than you get in a Tyson fight. The boat & Mrs WD are OK though. PWC didn't even stop.
    Dr. says Can't boat for at least 6 to 8 weeks (yeah Right)
    This sucks. I am gonna build a deck mounted water cannon to ward off those little pricks that do crap like that. I don't think all PWC drivers are reckless, but there sure seem to be enough that are irresponsible.
    Sorry for venting but I have to stay home for a week and I am BORED SILLY.
    [ May 13, 2003, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]

JetBoatRich
    That really sucks, don't you hate those guys.

WETDAWG
    I only hate the ones who are assholes.
    Hence the water cannon idea
    I hope all is better before CBBB
    [ May 13, 2003, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    wetdawg that sucks man but you must be forgetting you have a water cannon mounted on the back of that thing. I've had those little bastards try to spray me.......hit the accelerator and up on diverter and give him 4000 gpm in the face. He shouldn't mess with you after that. I have done it twice. Usually I get at least 50 feet away before unleashing. I don't want to kill anybody but usually they are dismounted. Hope you heal soon and remember defensive drivers don't always win......
    Omega

Eric455
    ohh man i swear i would gone after the asshoole and rossted him off his pwc then stop to bet the crap out of him so that he'll see hospital too.. glad your okay. but i hate it when people get hurt and dont go back to kick the shit out of assholes like that.
    take care get well soon and hope to see ya on the water in no time.
    eric

Bummer you got jacked up! Glad I stayed up at Big Bend. At least Friday was good!

HotHallet
    Sorry to hear about that. Last summer something similar happened to my friend Eric. He wasn't injured but a PWC headed directly towards his boat and sprayed him and his girlfriend. I was floating in my boat near by and eric jumped behind the wheel, chased the guy down ,and divertered the living daylights out of him. Screw that guy. Idiots on PWC's suck!

WETDAWG
    roostwear,
    Those things happen (usually to me)
    That a nice looking advantage you have there. Hope all goes well with your summer

Danhercules
    Glad to hear your ok.
    Also glad to hear you only think some PCW"S are a-holes.
    I am new to owning a boat. I still have my PCW's. They are the old school ones. @ 440's. I like them cause you cant just put someone on it and let them loose. They have to learn how to ride them.
    I would rather quit than sit!!!
    I still takem to the river with the boat, but I repect all boaters. They are bigger than me (when I am on the skiis) so they have the right of way. I ALWAYS look over my shoulder when I turn, I just wish everyone did!!!

Odds are I will have at least ONE PWC incident this summer. You already know my history with them. Hopefully, this is your one time. (note to self... Get that diverter ASAP)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast