Thread: pullin motor

Raskal
    i have old 455 and juz jet need to know the best way to seperate motor from jet and ujonts sqsmile thanks

Duane HTP
    You just unbolt the motor mounts and the engine slides forward off of the splined shaft in the pump.

Raskal
    sorry for the dumb ques but just did not want to break anything .pulled motor mounts and was not sure

Raskal
    but thanks duane smilespi

Raskal- I just pulled my 455 with three point mounts the othe day- I left the logs in the boat, just unbolted from the heads and left them for now- The rear motor mount has 2 bolts that clamp around the end of the pump(Mine is a Berk JC).remove those two bolts, then take the weight off the front mounts so you can get the bolts out, and gently lift and wiggle the motor forward- it will pop right out- then you can remove the bellhousing and driveshaft. Hope this helps- Stan

G-Ride
    Is it the same with a BBC and Legend pump? Since it's a splined shaft should you mark it before seperating so it goes back same way? If your going to pull the pump anyway should you do it first? Sorry for the newbie questions. Thanks.

Duane HTP
    They come out the same way. No, it doesn't make any difference on which spline it goes on. It makes no difference, but probably easier to pull the motor first in most aspplications.

Roger
    Just a quick note. Always try to put a little "never seize" or grease on the splined shaft to help reduce wear. I know from past experience how things get worn in areas like this... to a point of, vrmm vrmmmm no go = what-tha-fu it don't take much, just a little dab a do ya.

RandyH
    Its also nice to have the bowl off of the pump when you put the motor back in so your helper can turn the impeller slightly to guide the splines back in to home base. Gives you more room for the Cherry picker too.
    Good Luck